Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Plan to replace Huel Perkins and possibly Monica Gayle

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Plan to replace Huel Perkins and possibly Monica Gayle

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:25 pm

With both leaving, I am wondering what plan does Fox has to replace them. Are they going to promote one of the anchors that are already there, or is Fox going to bring someone in from one of their other Fox O&Os to replace them? Was asking because i read where someone mentioned that Fox might bring in talent from another market.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rate This

Re: Plan to replace Hugh Perkins and possibly Monica Gayle

Post by Rate This » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:28 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:25 pm
With both leaving, I am wondering what plan does Fox has to replace them. Are they going to promote one of the anchors that are already there, or is Fox going to bring someone in from one of their other Fox O&Os to replace them? Was asking because i read where someone mentioned that Fox might bring in talent from another marker.
Can’t hurt. Their ratings are abysmal.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:22 pm

I notice Kellie Rowe has been doing the early morning news. Maybe fox is preparing Kellie for the morning to replace either Jay or Amy.

Jay or Amy move to the evening. Maybe both and Kellie and Josh do morning.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:09 pm

The Morning is more important than the evening.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:23 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:22 pm
I notice Kellie Rowe has been doing the early morning news. Maybe fox is preparing Kellie for the morning to replace either Jay or Amy.

Jay or Amy move to the evening. Maybe both and Kellie and Josh do morning.
No.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:42 pm

Doesn't Jay voice track from the studio in the morning or something? Gonna be hard to do morning radio then evening news.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:52 pm

I vote for ABC.

Anyone But Charlie.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Jay can go somewhere else too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:25 am

Who is Hugh Perkins?

jsf

Re: Plan to replace Huel Perkins and possibly Monica Gayle

Post by jsf » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:06 pm

I agree with ABC, I can't see how he keeps his job, his bosses must not watch his weekend gig. It seems like all they do on the weekends is drink wine and eat food, no real news.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:43 pm

jsf wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:06 pm
I agree with ABC, I can't see how he keeps his job, his bosses must not watch his weekend gig. It seems like all they do on the weekends is drink wine and eat food, no real news.
I don't have a problem with him on the weekends, but I don't see him ever replacing Huel or Monica or any of the other regular anchors.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:49 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:25 pm
With both leaving, I am wondering what plan does Fox has to replace them. Are they going to promote one of the anchors that are already there, or is Fox going to bring someone in from one of their other Fox O&Os to replace them? Was asking because i read where someone mentioned that Fox might bring in talent from another market.
Based upon the discussion about the new 62 in another thread, here's my random thoughts:

Probably should be new faces.

Fox2 desperately needs to get Metro Detroit viewers to change channels. I myself don't watch Fox2 news after noon. Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe they do the shift change thing between 5 and 7. Like WDIV and WXYZ does between 4pm and 6:30. Raj, Asher and Spencer are not new faces. And like I said, I think it's going to take new faces to get viewers to change channels.

So my thinking is either someone from out of town. Or someone that works mornings. Someone from "day shift" would be a new face to evening viewers. I'll let others on here continue to surmise who from mornings would be a good choice.

Or who from days would want it? Who would want to be gone all evening while the rest of the family is home from work and school? Something to take into consideration before they accept a move to prime time.

Maybe the reason Brian Williams stepped down from MSNBC is because he heard about the opening at Fox2 :rollin
Last edited by Deleted User 15716 on Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm

Why is this thread even on here? No matter what you say, they already have a plan in place.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:32 pm

ProducerXM wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm
Why is this thread even on here? No matter what you say, they already have a plan in place.
Why not let us ponder back and forth? We're all in agreement our words of wisdom are worth as much as a cup of coffee at Charlie's in Saint Clair Shores. It's just social media banter. Scroll on.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:18 am

Maybe they will bring back Charles Pugh.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic