Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Circle Seven

Re: Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:40 am
We cancel that!! It will be a success. I think some want it to fail but I think many are in for a rude awakening. CBS is on a mission and are about to make a profound, positive impact on our community through its newscasts. 2,4, and 7 being set in their ways are going to be their undoing!!
I'm going to side with MasterB on this one. Folks will stay with whatever channel they are already watching. Creatures of habit.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:41 am

One way they could be successful is if they actual use the medium as it was intended.

To show actual video that folks would tune into to see. Unless you have really hot anchors and reporters, no one really wants to tune in to watch someone reading a story with year-old video clips or just generally non-relevant video playing while someone is talking. Completely useless.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:13 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
MasterB wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:46 am
It will be an epic fail 2, 4 & 7 have nothing to worry about as Rate said. And I also think that those that watch the news are set in their ways as well just my opinion.
We cancel that!! It will be a success. I think some want it to fail but I think many are in for a rude awakening. CBS is on a mission and are about to make a profound, positive impact on our community through its newscasts. 2,4, and 7 being set in their ways are going to be their undoing!!
Do you work there or something… this seems unhealthy.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:16 pm

Circle Seven wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:48 am
CircleWXYZ wrote:
I'm going to side with MasterB on this one. Folks will stay with whatever channel they are already watching. Creatures of habit.
People have a freedom of choice and they can choose if they want to switch! When doing something new, we can’t have fear. Have a vision, a plan, and execute that plan. It’s through belief and faith that we achieve great results. Nothing is ever built overnight.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:17 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:13 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
MasterB wrote:
It will be an epic fail 2, 4 & 7 have nothing to worry about as Rate said. And I also think that those that watch the news are set in their ways as well just my opinion.
Nothing to do with me working there, which I don’t. I just have faith, that’s all.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:19 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:41 am
One way they could be successful is if they actual use the medium as it was intended.

To show actual video that folks would tune into to see. Unless you have really hot anchors and reporters, no one really wants to tune in to watch someone reading a story with year-old video clips or just generally non-relevant video playing while someone is talking. Completely useless.
This is where their plan and vision comes into play. They have to have a good, slims plan and a vision, and I truly believe that they do, this time. This is why they are having this much time to build it and put it all together.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:21 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:19 pm
km1125 wrote:

This is where their plan and vision comes into play. They have to have a good, slims plan and a vision, and I truly believe that they do, this time. This is why they are having this much time to build it and put it all together.
It takes time to put it together. This isn’t the corner lemonade stand. But it just sounds half assed. Almost like they are starting a YouTube channel.

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:27 pm

km1125 wrote:
I overheard a discussion about this. Some people think the key to the new venture's success may be to snatch some current faces from 4 or 7. Second string (e.g. people currently on from 5 to 6) that the folks at home are already familiar with.

I remember when Perkins and Gale announced they are going to sail into the sunset. The rumor was Fox2 was pondering about skipping over the in-house talent. And instead go to one of the other stations for a franchise anchor team. Maybe Lewis and Colthorp or Drew and Abel. Something like that. Just that they have been toying with going that route.

Some feel Fox2 will never get out of the basement because of what some of you on here are saying about the chances of the new 62. The viewers won't change channels because they are comfortable with who they are watching.
So go get who they are watching.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:29 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:21 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:19 pm
km1125 wrote:

It takes time to put it together. This isn’t the corner lemonade stand. But it just sounds half assed. Almost like they are starting a YouTube channel.
I completely understand the skepticism, but this often happens when something is done outside of the norm. This why we we all must keep an open mind, and watch and see. It sounds like this is going to be done with all of the CBS O&Os, which explains the rebranding of CBSN to CBS News (insert the city/market). There’s a lot of investment in this company wide, so we all know that CBS Corporation is going to make sure that this is a success.

This is where their plan and vision comes into play. They have to have a good, solid plan and vision, and I truly believe that they do, this time. This is why they are having this much time to build it and put it all together.
Last edited by Deleted User 7620 on Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:43 pm

You sound like their P.R. flacky.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:53 pm

I'd have no problem changing my 'go-to' station for news. Seems like I try that periodically until I get run off by the stupidity and get chased back to running through the dial. I also bounce between Detroit and Toledo stations (and sometimes Lansing) but those stations don't really cover local stuff, although not sure how well the locals are doing that anyway.

Would also like to see some HONESTY. Like the tease last night where the anchor says "Biden's 'build it back better' plan might not get the votes by the Christmas break, and that bill has childcare and home health care in it". NO MENTION THAT IT'S A $1.8BILLION UNBUDGETED cost that many folks have concerns with.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:53 pm
I'd have no problem changing my 'go-to' station for news. Seems like I try that periodically until I get run off by the stupidity and get chased back to running through the dial. I also bounce between Detroit and Toledo stations (and sometimes Lansing) but those stations don't really cover local stuff, although not sure how well the locals are doing that anyway.

Would also like to see some HONESTY. Like the tease last night where the anchor says "Biden's 'build it back better' plan might not get the votes by the Christmas break, and that bill has childcare and home health care in it". NO MENTION THAT IT'S A $1.8BILLION UNBUDGETED cost that many folks have concerns with.
Why would you mention that in a TEASE meant to last 10-15 seconds and get you to come back to see the story?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:43 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 pm
km1125 wrote:

Why would you mention that in a TEASE meant to last 10-15 seconds and get you to come back to see the story?
The TEASE should have been "The latest on where Biden's "build back better" plan", without the patsy plug for childcare and home healthcare.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:19 pm

km1125 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:43 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:32 pm
km1125 wrote:

The TEASE should have been "The latest on where Biden's "build back better" plan", without the patsy plug for childcare and home healthcare.
Remember the whole point of the tease… it’s not political… it’s how can I get people to stay with me. Yours is neutral and they might change the channel. If you throw in something else they might go “holy shit what’s That all about?” and stick around.

thekman

Post by thekman » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:56 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:17 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:13 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
MasterB wrote:
Nothing to do with me working there, which I don’t. I just have faith, that’s all.
I have faith that I’d rather watch another Family Feud.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic