Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Re: Now that news is coming back to CBS 62

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:42 am

The skepticism already proves my point: this is going to be a successful move for CBS 62. Like I said, they are going to be more of a news station, that is actually going to serve the community. I’m excited!!

As for the schedule, shows like 25 Words or Less and Nick Cannon will be gone. I say Fox 2 is going to pick up one, if not both of those shows. WJBK’s 2 pm time slot is abysmal right now and is in major need of change. Dr Phil moves to 4 and I see Family Feud moving as well. Drew Barrymore if still on the air, goes to CW 50 on a demotion, and they keep the Doctors as well. Dr OZ either goes to overnight or goes to CW 50. That’s my guess.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:29 am

The skepticism doesn't prove your point in the least.

Where I will agree is CBS62 will dump as many syndie shows as possible. The ones worth keeping will wind up on 50.

I will also compliment the operation for devoting a full time reporter to state government. That's something the Big Three each should've done eons ago.

drew10219

Post by drew10219 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:02 am

I will also compliment the operation for devoting a full time reporter to state government. That's something the Big Three each should've done eons ago
Isn't that what Tim Skubick is doing on Fox 2?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:41 am

Not exactly; he is a free lancer. He also seems more concerned in his reporting with the gamesmanship aspect of legislating as opposed to evaluating the merits of legislation.

That said, his reporting / commentary does bring more insight to the table than I find on channel 7, which is usually completely missing in action on Lansing matters.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:09 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:42 am
The skepticism already proves my point: this is going to be a successful move for CBS 62. Like I said, they are going to be more of a news station, that is actually going to serve the community. I’m excited!!

As for the schedule, shows like 25 Words or Less and Nick Cannon will be gone. I say Fox 2 is going to pick up one, if not both of those shows. WJBK’s 2 pm time slot is abysmal right now and is in major need of change. Dr Phil moves to 4 and I see Family Feud moving as well. Drew Barrymore if still on the air, goes to CW 50 on a demotion, and they keep the Doctors as well. Dr OZ either goes to overnight or goes to CW 50. That’s my guess.
I hope so too with CBS62 being successful. A lot of crashes this morning and no live traditional news crew to cover. CBS62 will be out covering live at the scene for the community to watch on tv.

Most of the community news comes from non traditional media like facebook groups. So it will be nice to tune into 62 on the tv at any time of the day and see them broadcasting stories happening live in the community.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:19 pm

Again, how many MMJs will 62 hire and where will they come from and how much will they pay these MMJs? CBS dropping a bunch of money at talent in the market is a good thing for everybody already working here. Another consideration is the non-compete clauses everybody under contract in this market has. CBS won't be poaching that many people from 2,4 and 7.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:25 pm

I’m all for positive attitude …… but that’s also not gonna mean that it’s gonna happen.

Will see….. hope they invest this money well on this and get a good return from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadioMax

Post by RadioMax » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:46 pm

Well, I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm actually intrigued by CBS' return to a full news operation in this market. There does seem to be some strategic thinking and nuance at work here. I'm interested in seeing how they compose their team using the MMJ model (being able to do it all). And I'm interested in seeing what local faces show up on the team.

I give props to Circle WXYZ for being the first to call this months ago.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:24 am

RadioMax wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:46 pm
Well, I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm actually intrigued by CBS' return to a full news operation in this market. There does seem to be some strategic thinking and nuance at work here. I'm interested in seeing how they compose their team using the MMJ model (being able to do it all). And I'm interested in seeing what local faces show up on the team.

I give props to Circle WXYZ for being the first to call this months ago.
I think they are hiring up to 10 MMJs. I think they are close to hiring a News Director.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic