Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Could Alt 98.7 move to WWJ Simulcast?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Could Alt 98.7 move to WWJ Simulcast?

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:13 am

The -FM part is an automatically added suffix.

Has Audacy changed its 103.9 near Philly to KYW-FM yet?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:48 am

I think that would be a great idea to flip 98.7 FM to a WWJ all news simulcast. As I said from the last Detroit ratings of
November WWJ was number six which is good for an AM and HD2 FM and if they have a FM signal on a regular FM
signal they will have higher ratings yet. Meanwhile I think the current modern alternative rock format on 98.7 FM is
too much of a niche format even in a major market such as Detroit. From the consensus of what I gathered based
on Detroit area posts the modern alternative rock format isn't popular nor is it presented well.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:18 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:13 am

Some stations are IDing with the AM calls with something like "WBBM 780 and FM 105.9" except in the TOH ID, where they say "WBBM Chicago and WCFS Elmwood Park", another instance where the associated FM is not licensed to the same community as the AM.

Some stations are playing games with on line feeds and calling them FM. I don't know why they don't allow the HD-2 formats to ID with the AM call letters they are associated with, and or have a new suffix "-LT", low power translator after the AM Callsign they are associated with. Instead of WXYT HD-2, calling it WWJ HD-2. And instead of W268CN, have it as WDTK-LT.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:48 am
I think that would be a great idea to flip 98.7 FM to a WWJ all news simulcast. As I said from the last Detroit ratings of
November WWJ was number six which is good for an AM and HD2 FM and if they have a FM signal on a regular FM
signal they will have higher ratings yet. Meanwhile I think the current modern alternative rock format on 98.7 FM is
too much of a niche format even in a major market such as Detroit. From the consensus of what I gathered based
on Detroit area posts the modern alternative rock format isn't popular nor is it presented well.
It's bad decision. People use the AM button as Traffic/News button.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

format this

Could Alt 98.7 move to WWJ Simulcast?

Post by format this » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:13 am

Some stations are IDing with the AM calls with something like "WBBM 780 and FM 105.9" except in the TOH ID, where they say "WBBM Chicago and WCFS Elmwood Park", another instance where the associated FM is not licensed to the same community as the AM.

Some stations are playing games with on line feeds and calling them FM. I don't know why they don't allow the HD-2 formats to ID with the AM call letters they are associated with, and or have a new suffix "-LT", low power translator after the AM Callsign they are associated with. Instead of WXYT HD-2, calling it WWJ HD-2. And instead of W268CN, have it as WDTK-LT.
Ben, the reporters on WBBM close their reports with “(name), Newsradio 105.9 FM.” No mention of 780 at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic