Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former WWJ morning anchor Tom Jordan arrives at WJR

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Former WWJ morning anchor Tom Jordan arrives at WJR

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:47 pm

His no compete clause must have finally expired:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/enter ... 462857001/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Trophyhead

Re: Former WWJ morning anchor Tom Jordan arrives at WJR

Post by Trophyhead » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:59 pm

"Very exited about the job," the Detroit News indicated.

Maybe there will be a piece in Sunday's paper to remind us the editorial process in modern media is moot.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Jordan speaking along side of Dietz will make Dietz's voice and delivery sound even weaker than it is.

If there ever was a voice made for print...

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:05 pm

Trophyhead wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:59 pm
"Very exited about the job," the Detroit News indicated.

Maybe there will be a piece in Sunday's paper to remind us the editorial process in modern media is moot.
To say nothing of the fact that Kevin Dietz's name was misspelled EVERY TIME in that article. Sheesh. Melody Baetens isn't just some rookie at the News, either. She's veteran enough to know better.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:33 am

Still mad at Dietz to this day , being the "Fun Governor" and busting those dudes on the golf course with the strippers....

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Dietz is painful to listen to, and Tom Jordan, or anyone else for that matter, is not going to fix that. Guy Gordon is at least mildly amusing, when a topic goes off the rails, and he gets frazzled by angry callers. Whenever Guy says "I'm gonna play devil's advocate for a minute here" is the very instant when I change the station.

When you think of all the good local hosts we had years ago, on 760, 1270, and even 1130, you suddenly realize just how far we've slipped into mediocrity.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:03 pm

If I were in charge of 'JR, I would have given Jordan about 2-years of David Newman tapes from the archive, told him to listen to them over and over,, practice, and then come on and DO THAT!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:27 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:03 pm
If I were in charge of 'JR, I would have given Jordan about 2-years of David Newman tapes from the archive, told him to listen to them over and over,, practice, and then come on and DO THAT!
Ya know, I have a copy of my father being interviewed by David Newman in 1983 (my father was falsely convicted of attempted murder) that I know some folks here would love to hear. It still feels kind of personal; if my pop was still alive, he probably wouldn't want it out there. So I'm torn on posting it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 15716

Post by Deleted User 15716 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:13 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:27 am
Bryce wrote:
Ya know, I have a copy of my father being interviewed by David Newman in 1983 (my father was falsely convicted of attempted murder) that I know some folks here would love to hear. It still feels kind of personal; if my pop was still alive, he probably wouldn't want it out there. So I'm torn on posting it.
" ... if my pop was still alive, he probably wouldn't want it out there ... "
I think you answered your own question.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:44 pm

Joie Vivre wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:13 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Well, it isn't like it wasn't already broadcast. These were all taped from WWJ, Channel 7 and WXYZ-AM. The only reason I would share it with Bryce is because it would be of interest to him as a radio enthusiast. Perhaps that would be okay, just not all over YouTube or something.

-TurkeyTop

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:01 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:44 pm
Joie Vivre wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Well, it isn't like it wasn't already broadcast. These were all taped from WWJ, Channel 7 and WXYZ-AM. The only reason I would share it with Bryce is because it would be of interest to him as a radio enthusiast. Perhaps that would be okay, just not all over YouTube or something.
I would LOVE to listen to that interview. A chance to get to hear David do an interview again almost makes me giddy!

I would either destroy it afterwards if it is your desire, or keep it so every so often I could listen to it again.

Thanks for even thinking about it!

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:39 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:01 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:44 pm
Joie Vivre wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
Bryce wrote:
I would LOVE to listen to that interview. A chance to get to hear David do an interview again almost makes me giddy!

I would either destroy it afterwards if it is your desire, or keep it so every so often I could listen to it again.

Thanks for even thinking about it!
I'm sure we can work it out. Let's get through the nuttiness of the next few weeks and we'll get it figured out.

-TurkeyTop

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:14 pm

Is Tom Jordan going to JR just an audition to take over for Paul W when he retires?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic