Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

November 2021 Radio Ratings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: November 2021 Radio Ratings

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:58 am

An impressive comeback for 105.9 Kiss FM.

I have not listened to that station at length in a while. I will have to see what's changed, if anything.

The last time I listened at length, I was surprised by the amount of 90's R&B and hip-hop product (mostly R&B) shared with 105.1.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm

The Detroit area radio ratings have come out for November. The Classic Hits station WOMC at 104.3 FM is number one
with a 7.2% share. WOMC is the only classic hits station in Detroit and I looked up a sample of their classic hits on line and
its 70's and 80's classic hits. I think somebody in Detroit should give WOMC classic hits competition perhaps mixing in some
60's classic hits with the 70's and 80's. WOMC needs competition. The second station was WNIC at 100 FM the station that
flipped to all Christmas music before Halloween. WNIC got a 7.0 % with Christmas music starting before Halloween. I didn't
think that many people in the Detroit area would want Christmas music so early but apparently I was wrong. The best of
the two classic rock stations WCSX at 94.7 FM dropped down to third place with a 6.1% share but they still beat their com-
petition WLLZ who dropped to a 2.8% share. The Urban A/C station WMXD at 92.3 FM dropped to a 5.8 % share but they
atleast remain respectable. The Ticket WXYT-FM 97 was fifth with sports and a 5.8% share. WWJ with all news was sixth
with a 5.7% share. That's a report on the Nielsen radio ratings for the Detroit area in November, 2021.

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:01 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm
The Detroit area radio ratings have come out for November. The Classic Hits station WOMC at 104.3 FM is number one
with a 7.2% share. WOMC is the only classic hits station in Detroit and I looked up a sample of their classic hits on line and
its 70's and 80's classic hits. I think somebody in Detroit should give WOMC classic hits competition perhaps mixing in some
60's classic hits with the 70's and 80's. WOMC needs competition. The second station was WNIC at 100 FM the station that
flipped to all Christmas music before Halloween. WNIC got a 7.0 % with Christmas music starting before Halloween. I didn't
think that many people in the Detroit area would want Christmas music so early but apparently I was wrong. The best of
the two classic rock stations WCSX at 94.7 FM dropped down to third place with a 6.1% share but they still beat their com-
petition WLLZ who dropped to a 2.8% share. The Urban A/C station WMXD at 92.3 FM dropped to a 5.8 % share but they
atleast remain respectable. The Ticket WXYT-FM 97 was fifth with sports and a 5.8% share. WWJ with all news was sixth
with a 5.7% share. That's a report on the Nielsen radio ratings for the Detroit area in November, 2021.
WNIC flipped after Halloween.

Lunacy blew up their low rated CHR in L.A. today for a simulcast of News KNX.
Might we hear WWJ-FM at 98.7 after all?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:06 pm

I would be cool with WWJ on FM. But where else would I hear pop and rap passed off as alternative and drunk Kermit the frog sounding LazBlow???

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:33 pm

WWJ on 98.7 MHz is a matter of "when" not "if," in my opinion.

The exception would be if Audacy gets it's grubby little hands on 107.5 someday and decides to do the simulcast there instead.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:55 pm

I'll tell you all that I have really enjoyed Wheels 106.7 since my Sirius XM module stopped working following my car battery dying. They are playing quite a bit of early 90s alt gold. Going to jump back to Sirius as soon as I can get my car fixed, but it makes it more tolerable. 98.7 is pretty bad still even though they rarely interrupt songs now.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:13 pm

I caught WLLZ playing "Poundcake" by Van Halen. That is an auto-fucking-matic CRANK UP. Then followed that up with Green Day. There was a third song after that I stayed for, so a solid 3 song sweep is pretty good. Excellent work on the Hagar track!

-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:00 pm

Completely agreed it's great they played "Poundcake," but overall, I'm finding 106.7's playlist to be increasingly boring. That station has scaled back 90s era spins in recent weeks. They are playing more 80s.

Fault 98.7 has actually sounded pretty good (compared to normal for them) over the past week, excluding the crappy LazBlo show, of course.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:58 pm

Well, ya know MW, there is a definite hole for 80s rock and pop music in this town. I'm glad to see they are filling the void of Poison and AC/DC that, seemingly, no one else wants to touch.

/s

-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic