Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone else getting annoyed by the push of fox2 weather app?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SoutheastMIViewer

Anyone else getting annoyed by the push of fox2 weather app?

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:44 am

Now fox2 is bringing in people from other fox new stations to promote like today some lady from New york is being interviewed by Alan Longstreet about the weather app.

Just accept the app is a failure if you need to go this hard to promote it and cannot compete with other weather apps that people use.

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

MrMitch

Re: Anyone else getting annoyed by the push of fox2 weather app?

Post by MrMitch » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:56 am

I saw that too. It's ridiculous. I have no need to look at a weather app from the local TV stations. My smartphone shows me all I need. They all seem to push it.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:05 pm

I dunno about the Ch 2 weather app. But, when Ch 4 had Ben Bailey's mug on the thumbnail, I deleted the app. Why would I want to see his or anyone else's mug on MY phone. DELETE.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:18 pm

These local weather apps are privacy quagmires. They are horrible, don't use them.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:31 am

Most local TV stations promote the weather app.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

unscopedaircheck

Post by unscopedaircheck » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:42 am

I have a feeling you're referring to the new Fox Weather app. Fox launched Fox Weather last week (or maybe the week before) and their app is a major part of the rollout. They were pushing it during sporting events. I tried it out. It was horrible. Sending alerts for weather stories every 5 minutes. Uninstalled promptly.

amehloldiesfan

Post by amehloldiesfan » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:35 pm

I too think it was the Fox weather app, not the Fox2 app that the lady from New York was talking about. It looked like some features were different than the ones I see Rich Luterman promoting.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic