Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Valenti & Rico

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
lidoshuffle

Valenti & Rico

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:04 pm

So , anyone listening/listened to today's Sparty show? I have no dog, I root for both schools, great game to watch, but the mutual masturbation going on between Valenti & Rico today was off the charts...thoughts, opinions anyone?

jsf

Re: Valenti & Rico

Post by jsf » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:29 pm

Because of their hatred of anything U of M I haven't listened to that show in month's. I wonder if Mike applied to M and was tuned down, that might account for his hatred.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:36 pm

You expected.........what?

I really think Mike hates Michigan more than he loves MSU. He's the first guy to taunt and throw barbs and make smartass comments about officiating with Michigan fans, but go ahead and click a video where he feels MSU isn't treated or portrayed the same way as Michigan. He'll work Michigan into a story about MSU.

He rails against trump supporters, but he'll be the FIRST to bring up everyone's favorite boogeyman, the MEDIA, the second he doesn't feel MSU is treated the same. Go ahead on YouTube and look up the Bo videos when all those allegations came out. "Oh, but when it is MSU..."

I like Mike, don't get me wrong, but I think this one is glaringly obvious. I like most of his takes, but you watch one of those clips and you'll see it.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:43 pm

Valenti is a decent guy but the anti U-M stuff is off the charts. I can't listen to him any longer just because of this and it doesn't surprise me one bit those guys were jerking each other off over Tucker and the Spartans. I lean more towards U-M and evidently management is fine with alienating a portion of the audience. I'm sure they'll be jerking off more over the coming weeks and I won't be there to listen to that garbage.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:47 pm

Well if Michigan would make it a series...

Look, the main demo of that station is M25-54. With some of his political takes, that's WAY more than half the audience lol

ETA: I like how he said "If you wanna cry about officiating, do it on one of your cult shows or podcasts". The irony is beyond thick.

-TurkeyTop

conelrad

Post by conelrad » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:52 pm

Loved it. The UM BLUE WALL in Detroit media has ruled for too long. Since Mike Hart’s LITTLE BROTHER stupid comment in 2007, MSU has won 10 of 14 vs Michigan. Ouch. Their show was great!

conelrad

Post by conelrad » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:53 pm

And, Michigan fans: TOUGHEN UP!

GusBar

Post by GusBar » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:59 pm

I stopped listening when Terry left

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:28 pm

lidoshuffle, your original comments made me chuckle...mutual mast....one in the left channel and one in the right channel??

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:55 am

I've never understood how the whole "school spirit" thing translates in to raw hatred for some boogie man rivals.
Even if one is infected as a young undergrad at some point normal people should outgrow it.

I no longer directly engage trolls

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:15 am

I root for Michigan but the reason why is more or less random. It's mainly because growing up my neighbors were large Michigan fans so it rubbed of on me. They took me to a game in 1981, (Iowa beat Michigan.) The two schools I went to were Northern Michigan and Wayne State, two division 2 GLIAC schools no one really gets excited about. Every time I root for Michigan and they lose I remind myself of this fact.

I know people who don't give a rip about any sports. In a way I envy them.

Gertner

Post by Gertner » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:13 pm

It was sooooo great. Nobody complains about "Michigan Mornings" on the station, but hey , maybe win a game once in a while.

Fidem Scit

Post by Fidem Scit » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:16 am

The Stanley Edwards appearance on the morning show was epically funny.

They alluded to Stanley coming after Jamie once years ago too. What was that story?

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:35 pm

The only thing worse than a Spartan win is a Spartan loss. It's like when dad has a bad day at work and comes home and takes it out on the dog. Mike talks more about Michigan after a Spartan loss than ever.

Gee, Mike. Harbaugh said something stupid. No surprise. Cover it some more 🙄

-TurkeyTop

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:47 pm

I think Mike and Rico have been fair to Michigan. Unfortunately, too many Michigan fans are slappies and won't see the team as they are.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic