Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
organman95

Re: Hmmm,is the news drought at CBS62 about to come to an end?

Post by organman95 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:46 pm

Taco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:33 pm
There is NO excuse for not having severe weather coverage, warnings, cut-ins, crawls, maps, etc. Total embarrassment for a channel that claims they are around the clock.
That is quite sad, considering how Ahmad handled weather at 25. I remember his first kid was born, and he was at the station three days later on air covering severe weather.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:53 pm

Ahmad was amazing at 25. He put the other Mid-Michigan stations to shame. I'm wondering if his hands are tied at 62 or maybe staffing issues? But nonetheless they need more work in the weather department.
organman95 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:46 pm
Taco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:33 pm
There is NO excuse for not having severe weather coverage, warnings, cut-ins, crawls, maps, etc. Total embarrassment for a channel that claims they are around the clock.
That is quite sad, considering how Ahmad handled weather at 25. I remember his first kid was born, and he was at the station three days later on air covering severe weather.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

organman95

Post by organman95 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:58 pm

Taco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:53 pm
Ahmad was amazing at 25. He put the other Mid-Michigan stations to shame. I'm wondering if his hands are tied at 62 or maybe staffing issues? But nonetheless they need more work in the weather department.
Quite possible. And I agree with you 100%. Shame they don't have the "standard" weather department setup (studio?) like most stations.

New2You

Post by New2You » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:59 pm

I worked with Ahmed in Flint and I am working with him again at CBS. He was definitely not there 3 days after his son was born. He was off for 3 weeks on leave then came back and then they sent him home until the dams broke. He's made no secret that CBS needs to finish hiring weather people and I believe they have hires made and waiting. He was also streaming when most of us left last night. Without a chief meteorologist at CBS I would say his hands are tied with how much power he personally has.

New2You

Post by New2You » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:02 pm

I also just saw him post that today is his little girls first birthday on his Facebook page. I wonder if he was off for that and someone filling in didn't cover the day.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:22 pm

I will say 62 can at least use the excuse they have no weekend morning newscasts scheduled.

2 and 4 have no excuse.

Taco

Post by Taco » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:29 pm

Not having a weather team for such events is appalling....weekend or not.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:22 pm
I will say 62 can at least use the excuse they have no weekend morning newscasts scheduled.

2 and 4 have no excuse.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:46 pm

If you want to be a legit local news org got to cover the weather even on weekends I thought that Ahmed was chief at CBS62?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

OnTopic

Post by OnTopic » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:53 am

CBS does not have a chief meteorologist. CBS is phasing the title away station by station.

Michiganviewer

Post by Michiganviewer » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:34 pm

Incoming long rant…

After watching CBS Detroit for over two months. I see no difference between Fox2, WXYZ or WDIV. CBS Detroit is reporting the same way as those other Detroit channels even though CBS Detroit says its reporting different.

Facebook page Macomb County Scanners is reporting news different than any news media. MCS lives up to that. This is what it sounded like CBS Detroit was suppose to be. Real time news from neighborhoods. Its failed to do this. Maybe one or two stories in a morning segment once in awhile but not all time.

I could carless about the Trump trial or msu shooting. Yes I know sounds bad for saying that but its not neighborhood news of Troy or Shelby Township. Just the same news if I was to put on Channel, 2, 4 or 7.
Whats the draw to CBS Detroit to break me away from that? Nothing!

I will give CBS Detroit up until mid summer before I switch back to fox2 News permanently and be done with CBS Detroit and would not care if they removed the local news again as it wont be missed.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:25 pm

Oh look… we are famous again…
Overall the feedback seems to be positive. However, you have some crybabies from a particular site I shall keep nameless, who are not only refusing to give CBS News Detroit a fair chance, they are looking for any lame excuse to bash it. It’s like they don’t want to like it. Their complaints about it are so delusional and so ridiculous, it’s not even funny. I know there are 2,4, and 7 fanboys in the Detroit market, but my goodness.

This is why I left that site, because all they do is whine and complain. With each argument, they lose credibility.
Take a guess which delusional deleted user wrote this…

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:46 pm

Circle7WXYZ was the former user I know they had Circle7 in their username, I also knew who the person was when I saw the post I laughed at it I thought it was legit criticism about CBS62 I think that Circle7 is a fanboy of CBS Detroit.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:23 am

MasterB wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:46 pm
Circle7WXYZ was the former user I know they had Circle7 in their username, I also knew who the person was when I saw the post I laughed at it I thought it was legit criticism about CBS62 I think that Circle7 is a fanboy of CBS Detroit.
I believe the handle was CircleWXYZ. Where did Rate This quote from?

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking about than men spend actually thinking.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:39 am

I will say I think 62's weekday morning, midday and 5PM newscasts are not bad. Story content and presentation have both improved since launch.

I'm not a fan of the 6p & 11p newscasts. The sportscaster is 10x cheesier than Bernie. Who knew that was even possible? (I do like Bernie's sportscasts for the most part.) The content choices at 6p especially leave a lot to be desired.

They still need to fix the contrast on the extended forecast graphic. It damn near blinds me. The lighting on that part of the set seems excessively bright at times, too.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:03 am

Round Six wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:23 am
MasterB wrote:
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:46 pm
I believe the handle was CircleWXYZ. Where did Rate This quote from?
He’s regularly ranting under the same handle at tvnewstalk.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic