Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Radio Personality Dave Lockhart

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Truck451

Radio Personality Dave Lockhart

Post by Truck451 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Does anyone know how I may get in touch with Radio personality Dave Lockhart?
I would like to talk to Dave about his time working as the Overnight Shift Disc Jockey at WXYZ-AM, and how it felt for him to be on the same ABC corporate-wide payroll as Dick Puritan for the time being, everyone at WRIF and WXYZ-TV, Allen Shaw, Charles DeBere, everyone at ABC’s other owned and operated AM, FM, and Television Stations; including WABC-AM-TV and WPLJ, KABC-AM-TV and KLOS, KXYZ-AM, KAUM-FM, KQV-AM (including Rush Limbaugh’s time there as a Disc Jockey), WDVE-FM, WMAL-AM, WRQX-FM, KGO-AM-TV, KSFX-FM, WLS-AM-TV, and WDAI-FM; and people such as Peter Jennings, Sam Donaldson, Frank Reynolds, Howard K. Smith, Bettina Gregory, Tom Jarriel, Barbara Walters, Hugh Downs, Rona Barrett, Charlie Gibson, Joan Lunden, Geraldo Rivera, Bob Dyk, Jim McKay, Chris Schenkel, Keith Jackson, Bill Fleming, Curt Gowdy, Roone Arledge; and, of course, ABC Founder Leonard Goldenson.

48125er

Re: Radio Personality Dave Lockhart

Post by 48125er » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:21 pm

I havent heard anything about him in ever since Detroit media's biggest douchebag Jay Towers went to WNIC.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:19 am

The entire station has sounded like trash since Jay got there.

Music is my life.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:20 am

Truck451 wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:13 pm
Does anyone know how I may get in touch with Radio personality Dave Lockhart?
I would like to talk to Dave about his time working as the Overnight Shift Disc Jockey at WXYZ-AM, and how it felt for him to be on the same ABC corporate-wide payroll as Dick Puritan for the time being, everyone at WRIF and WXYZ-TV, Allen Shaw, Charles DeBere, everyone at ABC’s other owned and operated AM, FM, and Television Stations; including WABC-AM-TV and WPLJ, KABC-AM-TV and KLOS, KXYZ-AM, KAUM-FM, KQV-AM (including Rush Limbaugh’s time there as a Disc Jockey), WDVE-FM, WMAL-AM, WRQX-FM, KGO-AM-TV, KSFX-FM, WLS-AM-TV, and WDAI-FM; and people such as Peter Jennings, Sam Donaldson, Frank Reynolds, Howard K. Smith, Bettina Gregory, Tom Jarriel, Barbara Walters, Hugh Downs, Rona Barrett, Charlie Gibson, Joan Lunden, Geraldo Rivera, Bob Dyk, Jim McKay, Chris Schenkel, Keith Jackson, Bill Fleming, Curt Gowdy, Roone Arledge; and, of course, ABC Founder Leonard Goldenson.
Have you tried looking him up on Facebook?

Music is my life.

JGP1954

Post by JGP1954 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:08 am

I'd love to hear from him again, too.

Plate Cap

Post by Plate Cap » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:19 pm

Dave is a real gentleman; he and I were friends when I served 'NIC.

He was (is?) intensely private and did not seek the limelight in any form. I've lost touch with him over the many years, and like others in this thread, wish I could pick up where we left off. I don't think it is to be, though.

The box that many broadcasters won’t look outside of was made in 1969 and hasn’t changed significantly since.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic