Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jack Morris suspended

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
lidoshuffle

Jack Morris suspended

Post by lidoshuffle » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:28 pm

Bally Sports suspends Jack Morris for comments he made about Shohei Ohtani, at one of his at-bats during Tuesday nights broadcast, he will undergo..."bias training"...exactly who was offended, and why?

Bobbert

Re: Jack Morris suspended

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:01 pm

He apologized. That should be enough. But that's not enough in today's society, with politically correct lynch mobs, self-righteous news reporters, and spineless authority figures. Here's a good video of the whole incident and aftermath:

Last edited by Bobbert on Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 pm

In case you're wondering, here is the bias training that is planned for Jack Morris:

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:21 pm

Why is Tom Brennaman audio playing in that YouTube clip?

(For the record, what Brennaman said was a 1000x worse, in my opinion. Brennaman deserved to be fired.)

I'm not even sure Jack Morris was trying to speak in a faux Japanese accent. It sounded to me as if he was attempting to speak like Elmer Fudd. The line he used was even a classic Elmer Fudd line.

An apology should've been enough in the Morris instance; I agree.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:23 pm

I had the game on last night and heard the comment. There was nothing out of the ordinary when I heard it. Took me 2 times watching it on YouTube today to pick up on this.

Jack should have proceeded that phrase by saying “In the words of Elmer Fudd,” PC gone amok here…

RadioDork11

Post by RadioDork11 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Sure this wasn't a calculated move so he doesn't have to finish out the season with Shep lol :rollin JK

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:01 pm

A bunch of white men disagree that another white man needs abar training?

MLB won't survive economically when announcers make fun of one their major fan bases. Optics alone mandates this training. It also lays the ground work to fire him with cause if it happens again.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:03 pm

I heard it live and thought "Oh My" that's going to be a problem. In today's world it was all over the Internet yesterday so with today's Wokeism I knew something was going to happen. What I don't understand while listening to Doug and Gator this morning talking about they expected a much larger crowd last night because of Miggy. What they will not talk about is the boycott of MLB because of it's political actions. I heard them say month's ago that they would not talk about it, maybe an executive order. I don't know why the MSM wants it both way,Social Media is running amook.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:29 pm

Who was it that originally objected to his statement? Sounds to me like somebody is being overly-sensitive.

I have no problems with what he said. The person that he supposedly insulted said that he had no problems. Who has the problem?

If what Morris said was racist, then McHale's Navy, Combat!, Tour of Duty, Hogan's Heroes, and other shows could also be considered racist. Yet they are still on the air.

Elmer Fudd has not been suspended either.

Bring Jack back.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:05 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:29 pm
Who was it that originally objected to his statement? Sounds to me like somebody is being overly-sensitive.

I have no problems with what he said. The person that he supposedly insulted said that he had no problems. Who has the problem?

If what Morris said was racist, then McHale's Navy, Combat!, Tour of Duty, Hogan's Heroes, and other shows could also be considered racist. Yet they are still on the air.

Elmer Fudd has not been suspended either.

Bring Jack back.
I don't see why he'd want to come back.

He was publicly humiliated by his employer after making a sincere, public apology almost immediately after the incident.

That suspension was supported by a baseball team that has benefited greatly from his efforts both on and off the field. Why would he want to spend one more second promoting that organization?

Maybe worst of all, he was publicly criticized by A.J. Hinch, who was implicated in one of the worst scandals in baseball history.

At the age of 66, I would just move on. The Tigers need him a lot more than he needs them.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:14 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:01 pm

MLB won't survive economically when announcers make fun of one their major fan bases. Optics alone mandates this training. It also lays the ground work to fire him with cause if it happens again.
TC Talks, just admit you hate white men, if you had your way, you'd be a Transgender African American male into a female, ready to marry a Guatemalan national who just crossed the border down near El Paso and you both are rooting for the Taliban to succeed in Afghanistan...

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:10 pm

I completely agree with Bobbert; well stated!

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:19 pm

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:14 pm
TC Talks wrote:

TC Talks, just admit you hate white men, if you had your way, you'd be a Transgender African American male into a female, ready to marry a Guatemalan national who just crossed the border down near El Paso and you both are rooting for the Taliban to succeed in Afghanistan...
There are a number of old white men who are complete assholes. I'm not upset they're getting called out about it now. I think my disfavor is with assholes. 85% of white men are completely normal and thoughtful people.

What this guy did was offensive. Professionals in the broadcast industry have already learned to behave appropriately and apparently he has not. That's on him. He works for the advertisers and they won't put up with this anymore.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Morris is a professional, he should know better. He'll do his online sensitivity course and will or will not be back. When the mic is hot, play by the rules.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:09 pm

TC Talks wrote:
I want to say something. But before I do, I want to make sure you yourself seen and heard what he said.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic