Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

98.7 Jack FM Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15621

98.7 Jack FM Detroit

Post by Deleted User 15621 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:40 pm

Could Jack FM ever work in Detroit? if Audacy ever decided to go that route with 98.7 what differences would there be between 98.7 Jack FM and 104.3 WOMC? The ratings would definitely be better than a 1.6, that’s for sure. Whoever is running 98.7 you should consider doing something by Labor Day. A 1.6 rating on a loser format in a market like Detroit is terrible, as I see it either go back to what you had with The Breeze 98.7 or try a Jack FM format it would be better than what you have going now. www.987jack.com

thatonedude

98.7 Jack FM Detroit

Post by thatonedude » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 pm

Audacy isn’t paying for the rights to Jack outside of three markets (LA, DFW, Twin Cities). Every other variety hits station they operate uses a different brand name. SparkNet charges an arm and a leg for the Jack name and experience, which is probably why Audacy never really expanded it after the merger with CBS. They'll probably clone their Big 103 in Boston, which has a "harder" sound than their other variety hits stations; plenty of harder rock and a decent helping of '90s hip-hop. I think just that alone allows plenty of wiggle room between a potential "Big 98.7" and WOMC.

Realistically, I think Alt is staying put. It’s mostly a computer in a closet now, and I’m sure Audacy is content on keeping it that way. I have never heard one local voice there at all.

Wanna know what’s funny to me? V98.7 HD2 I think still has an air staff, unless that’s changed in recent times. Unbelievable. You’d think it would be the other way around…

take this job and shove it

Mega Hertz

Re: 98.7 Jack FM Detroit

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:26 pm

It's been said here a thousand times that David Field loves the ALT format and wants it in as many markets as possible. I would love to see the market research that shows that it's worth the 1.6 in Detroit and 1.5 in DFW. MW said the other day that the Laz-Blo mother ship is a ratings loser, too. So where's the reward?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:It's been said here a thousand times that David Field loves the ALT format and wants it in as many markets as possible. I would love to see the market research that shows that it's worth the 1.6 in Detroit and 1.5 in DFW. MW said the other day that the Laz-Blo mother ship is a ratings loser, too. So where's the reward?
This right here folks.

And the reward? David Field and Mike Kaplan get to have their lackeys blow smoke up their asses about how wonderful Alt is. It’s a vanity project for them, nothing more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48125er

Post by 48125er » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:05 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:26 pm
It's been said here a thousand times that David Field loves the ALT format and wants it in as many markets as possible. I would love to see the market research that shows that it's worth the 1.6 in Detroit and 1.5 in DFW. MW said the other day that the Laz-Blo mother ship is a ratings loser, too. So where's the reward?
His ego maybe, was he a roadie for Green jelly or everclear or something

Deleted User 15621

Post by Deleted User 15621 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:55 pm

I've been streaming Big 103 from Boston. It actually sounds good and could do a respectable rating. Let's face it a 1.6 is terrible, time to drop Alt 98.7 by Labor Day.

drew10219

Post by drew10219 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Anyone look at what the billing numbers were for The Breeze vs ALT?

I thought the whole idea of this was to compliment sales of The Ticket???

ratings don't mean everything if sales are the same or higher on a no budget station
how much did the breeze talent cost? Chad and Christy, Kim Adams were not free like this iteration

radiojunkie2002

Post by radiojunkie2002 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:40 pm

Lightning was making listening to WWJ 950 unlistenable during last weekend's storm.I was in a 1 hour traffic jam on the freeway.
I was thinking it would make so much sense to me to permanently put 950 on 98.7.
I know this has been mentioned before. I just think it would help 950's ratings,
and it would end a station that appears to be not very popular.
However, then Audacy loses a frequency for something else.
Maybe ALT 987 could just cut most of the talk and play just ALT music?

thatonedude

98.7 Jack FM Detroit

Post by thatonedude » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:46 pm

An FM simulcast of 950 would be a great idea. That’s precisely why it won’t happen. Great ideas are routinely ignored.

98.7 is going to continue to be a guinea pig for Audacy. Look for every bullshit format experiment they come up with to happen there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic