Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
blizzard

Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Post by blizzard » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:08 pm

Fox 2 Detroit morning news anchor Amy Andrews took some time off last week for what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation. This week, she is off the air after having a beach mishap that left her temporarily unable to walk.

Speaking by phone Tuesday morning from Royal Oak's Beaumont Hospital, Andrews said she was running on a beach in Florida's Tampa Bay region, where her father lives, when her foot hit a rock under the sand.

"I lost my footing," she said, explaining the run was part of the training she had been doing for October's Detroit Free Press Marathon.

Andrews took it easy after that, but her back felt progressively worse until "on the day it was time to come home, I woke up and I couldn't walk because my right leg was numb."

:hat

km1125

Re: Amy Andrews recovering from surgery after back injury

Post by km1125 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:32 pm

Sounds scary. Hope she recovers ok! She's probably one of the more 'fit' folks in on-air positions.

deadend

Post by deadend » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:23 pm

Are we sure if this and she’s not just getting more plastic surgery?

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:51 pm

She was on TV5 in Saginaw when she was preggers with her daughter and was married at the time. Story says that daughter is staying with co worker Taryn Asher and Jason Carr. What happened to baby daddy?

musicfan

Post by musicfan » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm

Fox 2 Mornings was always on for about 30-45 minutes before leaving for work. However, since my office went remote last Fall, they have been on throughout the morning for background noise.

I can stomach Towers, Longstreet and the traffic reporter. But wow, listening to Amy is a bit difficult. Her delivery cadence is all over the map. She seemingly overemphasizes/overexaggerates every fourth or fifth word, and exxtendsss her sssentencessss with annoying hissing. I'm all for exuberance from a newsreader, but at 5:00 AM...Amy, dial it down a notch.

I lived near Lapeer when she was at WNEM. Back then, she was a natural beauty with a simple delivery (weekend anchor). Today it is a bit overdone.

Speaking of overdone, someone needs to explain to her that she is closer to 40 than she is 20. The overly highlighted hair extensions, extra long eye lash extensions, spackle knife applied eye liner, and make-up...not to mention the obvious facial injections/fillers are not a good look. Her upper lip and cheeks look rigid and puffed. Too bad for someone who beneath all that make-up and plastic is an attractive woman. I don't know what to call it...insecurity, ego, etc., but it is sad to see.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:29 pm

deadend wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:23 pm
Are we sure if this and she’s not just getting more plastic surgery?
PLEASE, NO!!! She'd be on the same downhill slope as Pam Anderson, and racing for the bottom!!
musicfan wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm
...But wow, listening to Amy is a bit difficult. Her delivery cadence is all over the map. She seemingly overemphasizes/overexaggerates every fourth or fifth word, and exxtendsss her sssentencessss with annoying hissing. I'm all for exuberance from a newsreader, but at 5:00 AM...Amy, dial it down a notch.
Ok, so it's not just me. I've been thinking her voice is getting very 'squeaky' lately. Maybe it's a bit shrill. Whatever it is, it's not comfortable to listen to for very long. Don't remember thinking that in years past.
musicfan wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm
Speaking of overdone, someone needs to explain to her that she is closer to 40 than she is 20. The overly highlighted hair extensions, extra long eye lash extensions, spackle knife applied eye liner, and make-up...not to mention the obvious facial injections/fillers are not a good look. Her upper lip and cheeks look rigid and puffed. Too bad for someone who beneath all that make-up and plastic is an attractive woman. I don't know what to call it...insecurity, ego, etc., but it is sad to see.
100% agree here, especially on those last few sentences!!

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:09 am

Totally agree on the extremely high-maintenance & plastic cartoon appearance. . . ...Wow! 🤐

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 am

She and Ryan Ermani (sp) can shrivel paint with their screeching.

But, I do hope she feels better.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:29 am

Hope she feels better. She used to be an extremely attractive woman. Now she looks like a cartoon character , talk about messing up a good thing.

deadend

Post by deadend » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:35 pm

It’s so disappointing what she did to her face. Yeah, like the above posters said, why would you ruin a good thing? Some pictures of her she looks like something out of a nightmare

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Remember when anchors and reporters reported the news and weren't the news?

Sgt. Sackto

Post by Sgt. Sackto » Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 am

Immortalized nationally for her "lets hope its a dry hump day" blooper. :lol:

Alligatorarms

Post by Alligatorarms » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:34 am

Sgt. Sackto wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:41 am
https://youtu.be/CoMDMrxkx74

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:35 am

Sgt. Sackto wrote:
Is this blooper by her as classic as the Carmen Harlen, Toy Story reply she had to Bernie Smilovitz, when she asked "So Do you have a Woody" (Or something to that effect) when her, Chuck Gaidica , and Bernie were in an exchange about the movie "Toy Story"...??

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:46 am

Alligatorarms wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:34 am
Sgt. Sackto wrote:
https://youtu.be/CoMDMrxkx74
Wow, Amy looks COMPLETELY different. :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic