Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WADL lands My Network TV

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Re: WADL lands My Network TV

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:07 am

I can’t see WADL doing news. The last attempt failed!!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:51 am

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:50 am
Would love to see Dance Party brought back to WADL My network TV
That might actually make sense. Is there anything on the air like that right now? I don't think "Dancing with the Stars" qualifies. Could market it as both a "get back in shape" and "have some fun with your kids" thing.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:58 am

km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:51 am
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
That might actually make sense. Is there anything on the air like that right now? I don't think "Dancing with the Stars" qualifies. Could market it as both a "get back in shape" and "have some fun with your kids" thing.
I am not aware of any dance shows still on air. Detroit used to be a big market for this type. I know there are still younger folks who enjoy all that and seeing the roll skate dancing making a come back, would be perfect!

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:32 pm

SoutheastMIViewer wrote:
What does Dance Party have to do with WADL or My Network TV?

That was a great local TV show in it's day, so was Soupy Sales and Johnny Ginger. Do you really think those shows would work today? Young people today don't do the same things that young people did back in the day.

Robin Seymour was 90 years old when he passed last year. Think how long ago Dance Party was on the air in Detroit.

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:54 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:32 pm
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:

That was a great local TV show in it's day, so was Soupy Sales and Johnny Ginger. Do you really think those shows would work today? Young people today don't do the same things that young people did back in the day.

Robin Seymour was 90 years old when he passed last year. Think how long ago Dance Party was on the air in Detroit.
Nothing specifically, just unique content that might bring viewers and more attention for the station and network. MyNetwork could do a national version, but WADL probably could do a local version just as well. I'm thinking it would not be the same as the original and target a different audience. Not really my genre, but I think you could target it to a slightly younger crowd but also an older crowd too. Those moms and early grandmas that might remember some of the dance shows and something for them to do with their kids/grandkids rather then stuff their face into their tablets.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:31 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:54 pm
tvbobn wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:32 pm
SoutheastMIViewer wrote:

Nothing specifically, just unique content that might bring viewers and more attention for the station and network. MyNetwork could do a national version, but WADL probably could do a local version just as well. I'm thinking it would not be the same as the original and target a different audience. Not really my genre, but I think you could target it to a slightly younger crowd but also an older crowd too. Those moms and early grandmas that might remember some of the dance shows and something for them to do with their kids/grandkids rather then stuff their face into their tablets.
You must not have read my previous post.

MyNet does not create any new programming. They only provide 10 hours a week of reruns of previous network shows. That's all MyNet is, a "distribution service", not a real network.

javafan0101

Post by javafan0101 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:01 pm

I just noticed that WMYD is now airing MacGyver since they recently became an independent station. It would've been nice if they aired the 1985 version of MacGyver instead of airing the 2016 version of MacGyver like they are doing. The 1985 version of MacGyver is better than the 2016 version of MacGyver. I remember either WMYD or WKBD airing the 1985 version of MacGyver in the mid-2000s (I forgot which station out of those two stations is the exact station that aired it.). You guys seem like you know what shows WMYD and WKBD aired in syndication during the mid-2000s. Which station out of those two stations aired the 1985 version of MacGyver during the mid-2000s?

Fuck Putin.

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:55 pm

The original Macgyver is the Heroes & Icons subchannel. Usually WMYD, (or WXON as it was known back then) showed more hour long action shows than WKBD, especially on the weekends.

sfpcc1

Post by sfpcc1 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:13 am

In the early 2000's TV Land also used to show MacGyver. It used to be a running joke on The Simpsons that Selma and Patti were devoted MacGyver fans. After Richard Dean Anderson made an appearance the joke was written out. (you also don't hear about Grandpa Simpsons love of Matlock anymore either.)

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:54 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:31 pm
km1125 wrote:
MyNetwork could do a national [dance show], but WADL probably could do a local version just as well.
MyNet does not create any new programming. They only provide 10 hours a week of reruns of previous network shows. That's all MyNet is, a "distribution service", not a real network.
After the English telenovela fiasco and efforts to soldier on with other original programming, MyNet became practically a rerun depository in 2009, just like Ion, but two hours at night. The network, or rather, "distribution service", has been running on fumes the last twelve years, even now as more of its affiliates are abandoning the "My" branding and either dropping its shows or moving them out of prime time. Surprised it's still around after all these years.

More here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyNetworkTV

lush.rimbaugh

Post by lush.rimbaugh » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:50 am

rugratsonline wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:54 pm
tvbobn wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:31 pm
km1125 wrote:
MyNetwork could do a national [dance show], but WADL probably could do a local version just as well.
After the English telenovela fiasco and efforts to soldier on with other original programming, MyNet became practically a rerun depository in 2009, just like Ion, but two hours at night. The network, or rather, "distribution service", has been running on fumes the last twelve years, even now as more of its affiliates are abandoning the "My" branding and either dropping its shows or moving them out of prime time. Surprised it's still around after all these years.

More here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyNetworkTV
I'm surprsied it's still going too, though there clearly must be some money in it. I always hated the branding 'My' and the logos - it all felt really cheap and down market.

I'm also surprised that TV20 didn't take the opportunity of their new-found independence to drop the WMYD calls and go for something new.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 pm

lush.rimbaugh wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:50 am
I'm also surprised that TV20 didn't take the opportunity of their new-found independence to drop the WMYD calls and go for something new.
Like take back the WXON callsign? It became available again after the LPTV in Flint closed down many years ago.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:32 pm

rugratsonline wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:26 pm
lush.rimbaugh wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:50 am
Like take back the WXON callsign? It became available again after the LPTV in Flint closed down many years ago.
WXON is not available. The newest TV station in the Flint market came on the air September 17th on channel 9 with 6 channels (soon to be 7).

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:47 pm

If you cut down 5 trees in the forest in the middle of nowhere, will anyone notice?

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic