Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Jon Jansen

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
riggs

Jon Jansen

Post by riggs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:33 am

Question on Friday, June 11th. Has John Jansen been out this week? I hear Stoney & Rigor today. If he's been there all week it's a convenient day off after the Matt Schembechler press conference.

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

SteveS

Re: Jon Jansen

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 am

He's been there this week. Taking a Friday off in June is common and probably has nothing to do with this topic.

riggs

Post by riggs » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:06 am

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 am
He's been there this week. Taking a Friday off in June is common and probably has nothing to do with this topic.
Well the other Michigan broadcaster, Doug Karsch, is out today too.

That's very interesting.

They both know they can't say a thing about it, so best to take today off, right?

Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

jsf

Post by jsf » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm

I heard the start of Valenti's show today and he made a big deal of all the U of M people being off. We all know how much he hates U of M but this was a bit too much. I don't see how he can even work in the same building with this staff. I'm sure he's still upset because he got shorted time yesterday because of the Tiger's game. I remember how he handled the same thing with Nasser and MSU, very different. now with the other MSU slappy they have quite the show.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:24 am

jsf wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:07 pm
I heard the start of Valenti's show today and he made a big deal of all the U of M people being off. We all know how much he hates U of M but this was a bit too much. I don't see how he can even work in the same building with this staff. I'm sure he's still upset because he got shorted time yesterday because of the Tiger's game. I remember how he handled the same thing with Nasser and MSU, very different. now with the other MSU slappy they have quite the show.
I am a Valenti fan, but me thinks him and Rico are so besides themselves with glee and joy (not since the "Trouble With The Snap" play) about this UM scandal, that all the Nassar talk is pushed aside and those two again can rip on UM, Jansen is bound in some form of employment by UM, so he is not allowed to really comment on the situation, Karsch did attend MSU if you didn't know, but is better associated with UM, especially sideline reporting for football..

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:22 pm

Both Jansen and Doug do UofM football on the radio. They aren’t dumb guys. I think they knew what they were doing when they took Friday off.
Last edited by windsorjoe on Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:25 pm

I agree.

riggs

Post by riggs » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:34 pm

They are in an extremely tough spot, no doubt, but When the subject comes up will they be leaving the room? This is not a story thats going away by next week, especially the longer U of M drags this out. The school needs to worry about the victims and not a couple of radio hosts. Sweeping this under the rug is what enabled this motherfucker for 30+ years. No more !

Sam The Cat

Post by Sam The Cat » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:13 pm

I heard Janson say, back when the story was getting out, that he was advised by the legal team, not sure if it his own, the station, or the schools, that he would not be able to comment on the subject.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 pm

WTKA 1050 the big Go Blue station for the university, on their afternoon shift which Jamie Morris former RB for U-M and Dennis Fithian both acknowledged what happened but said they would be discussing it in the coming weeks. Meaning they had to get with the legal dept and hopefully in a few weeks people have moved on to the next hot topic in the news cycle. The Sparty shift are doing cartwheels over what happened and taking full advantage. Valenti will twist the knife any chance he gets. It is despicable what happened but Caputo is a way more objective about the situation and he's and MSU alum himself- respectable one.

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:11 am

This dude is dumber than Rocks. . . ...is the station that desperate? 🤐

Who cares what you think, eat, watch, believe. . . ...its NOT about you, a**wipe! 🙄

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Smirnoff wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:11 am

Who cares what you think, eat, watch, believe. . . ...its NOT about you, a**wipe! 🙄
Little harsh. I think he’s great on the morning show.

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:18 am

Smirnoff wrote:

Just about every host talks about what they think, eat, watch, believe…..

It is about time this sports talk station has a host that actually was a profession athlete.

The continued employment of Reiger shows the desperation of the station. He must be there as the designated butt of station humor

Smirnoff

Post by Smirnoff » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:16 am

Majik wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:18 am
Smirnoff wrote:

It is about time this sports talk station has a host that actually was a profession athlete.

The continued employment of Reiger shows the desperation of the station. He must be there as the designated butt of station humor
Its not about him taking about himself everyday like whether he prefers "pancakes vs waffles" (who cares). . . ...they teach that in journalism school, oh, he didn't attend. :barf

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:35 am

Smirnoff wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:16 am
Majik wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:18 am
Smirnoff wrote:

Its not about him taking about himself everyday like whether he prefers "pancakes vs waffles" (who cares). . . ...they teach that in journalism school, oh, he didn't attend. :barf
How many program hosts on the station have journalism degrees?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic