Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weather Channel - 1, all local TV weathercasters - 0

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Rate This

Re: Weather Channel - 1, all local TV weathercasters - 0

Post by Rate This » Sun May 30, 2021 3:11 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 1:52 pm
I've always been a spring/summer kind of guy...and fall...okay, I fucking HATE winter, but as a construction worker, I live for forecasts like that. Give me 75-80 and sunshine. I had to do an emergency job Friday and I was freezing and wetter than a Kardashian at an NBA game. Not what I wanted on May 28.
I had the heat on the whole time on the bus on Friday. When the rain had stopped (really came down for the better part of the late morning and early afternoon) I got in my bus to start my afternoon piece… first left turn and I got a waterfall over the door. The area above me had an inch of water in it that all came out in that one turn. Had that been a right I would have been mighty irritated.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Can we get some severe Thunderstorms or tornado threats with that… this has been one of the most boring seasons I can remember… usually there have been some storm warnings by now or something…
Agreed!

Only three thunderstorm days at my house so far this year, and all but one of those events were paltry.

I don't want damage, but a nice light show or some cool cloud formations would be awfully nice to see.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun May 30, 2021 10:50 pm

I was kind of hoping for some good stuff, with being around so much water here. But one thing I've noticed (and it's happened quite a few times now) is that it will be a downpour in Howell at my office, but 5 miles down Grand River, at my house, it will be bone dry. Weird shit.

75 tomorrow. Or as I call it - perfect.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 31, 2021 8:10 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:12 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:26 pm
I turned on my furnace today! :(
We lit the fireplace for a while.
Nothing better than a spring fire. It was in the 90's all week in Nashville. I was on Sylvan Lake last night, it was quite pleasant.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:15 pm

The models' predictions a week ago for this week were garbage, and Dave Rexroth's forecast from Friday for this week was garbage. TWC had already backed off the low 90s forecast by that point for each day other than Sunday (yesterday).

Rexroth is a mediocre forecaster and almost always overhypes bad news. Ben Bailey is only modestly better.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:55 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:15 pm
The models' predictions a week ago for this week were garbage, and Dave Rexroth's forecast from Friday for this week was garbage. TWC had already backed off the low 90s forecast by that point for each day other than Sunday (yesterday).

Rexroth is a mediocre forecaster and almost always overhypes bad news. Ben Bailey is only modestly better.
Which is too bad… Rexroth has the more relatable delivery… Bailey is rather stiff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic