Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

(FRIGHTENING) Allen Park Critters

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Splouge

(FRIGHTENING) Allen Park Critters

Post by Splouge » Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 pm

https://www.mlive.com/news/2021/05/enra ... efund.html

This is just so sad. I don't know how someone can do that to a poor little defenseless birdy.

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

Deleted User 14896

Re: (FRIGHTENING) Allen Park Critters

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm

What do you think about someone who goes and buys a parakeet, and lets it go? I know someone that for years, would wait until about this time of year, well past any chance of a frost. Go buy a bird, sometimes two, and let it go off into the wild.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 8:34 pm
What do you think about someone who goes and buys a parakeet, and lets it go? I know someone that for years, would wait until about this time of year, well past any chance of a frost. Go buy a bird, sometimes two, and let it go off into the wild.
That’s a fantastic idea… until we get to October.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:16 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I always figured the parakeet wouldn't last long anyway. A hawk or a cat or whatever.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 27, 2021 10:20 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:16 am
Rate This wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 5:00 am
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I always figured the parakeet wouldn't last long anyway. A hawk or a cat or whatever.
I’ve heard of a couple of instances of them being saved by people, brought inside and kept as pets… both instances saw the poor tropical bird out in 30 degree weather…

PinkPanther69

Post by PinkPanther69 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:25 am

What does this have anything to do with broadcasting? I'm sure DEADEND will ask the moderator for its immediate removal at once!!

Gotta love Fox 2 News the other day putting that video on REPEAT during the opening tease of their newscast.

I had walked away the previous day in order to avoid seeing/hearing about this upcoming story, and then Fox 2 puts it on REPEAT during their opening tease with NO WARNING.

Thank you FOX 2! Appreciate that.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun May 30, 2021 11:57 am

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:25 am
What does this have anything to do with broadcasting? I'm sure DEADEND will ask the moderator for its immediate removal at once!!

Gotta love Fox 2 News the other day putting that video on REPEAT during the opening tease of their newscast.

I had walked away the previous day in order to avoid seeing/hearing about this upcoming story, and then Fox 2 puts it on REPEAT during their opening tease with NO WARNING.

Now that’s something we can agree on… that is a terrible decision by 2…

BillT

Post by BillT » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:25 pm

PinkPanther69 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 10:25 am

Maybe a broadcaster can work this story in when they do their next report on the waterskiing squirrel!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic