Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Incompetent road crews across SE Michigan

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Incompetent road crews across SE Michigan

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 am

Can someone explain to me - despite snow and sub freezing temps being predicted multiple days in advance - why many of the major roads & freeways across Metro Detroit apparently were not salted overnight?

Cannot believe the number of freeway closures this morning due to accidents!

Seems the issue is worst in Oakland and Macomb Counties, where snow totals were lighter yet enough fell to still create major issues due to melting & re-freezing.

Why aren't any of the major TV news outlets lobbing phone calls to road commission spokespeople?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Incompetent road crews across SE Michigan

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:21 am

Even dumber was our lawn crew at my condo complex waiting for the snow lest day in April to cut own lawn. The lawn hadn't been cut in almost two weeks, and they failed to arrive until yesterday. The snow was falling while they finished mowing.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:31 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 am
Can someone explain to me - despite snow and sub freezing temps being predicted multiple days in advance - why many of the major roads & freeways across Metro Detroit apparently were not salted overnight?
They probably gambled that they might not need to salt the streets coupled with putting the necessary salt application equipment on the county trucks -- just speculating. Out here in Commerce Township snow accumulated on the grass but not on the roads that I can see in my immediate area. A little sunshine and I expect it will all be gone as will the story.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am

We have the exact opposite problem up north where I live (not today, but generally) - all it takes is literally a few snow flurries and the road crews are out dumping entire salt mines onto the roads. It has gotten so out of hand the past few years.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:48 am

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am
We have the exact opposite problem up north where I live (not today, but generally) - all it takes is literally a few snow flurries and the road crews are out dumping entire salt mines onto the roads. It has gotten so out of hand the past few years.
You’ll know what I’m talking about but I always appreciated the guys up there keeping things nice. Except for north of Alpena to the Cheboygan county line. Their salt mine and road crews got lost down by you I think.

SoutheastMIViewer

Post by SoutheastMIViewer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:21 pm

SixPlusOne wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:31 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 am
They probably gambled that they might not need to salt the streets coupled with putting the necessary salt application equipment on the county trucks -- just speculating. Out here in Commerce Township snow accumulated on the grass but not on the roads that I can see in my immediate area. A little sunshine and I expect it will all be gone as will the story.
Here's the traveling for the morning weather

Westbound I-94 at M-59 - Closed
- Eastbound I-696 at Campbell Hilton - Closed
- I-696 closed in both directions at I-75 - Closed
- Northbound M-10 The Lodge at Telegraph - Closed
- Eastbound I-696 ramp to I-94 - Closed after 20+ car crash
- Eastbound I-94 ramp to westbound I-696 - Closed after 14-car crash
- EB I-94 at Little Mack - One lane open
- Westbound I-696 at I-75 - One lane open after semi rollover
- WB I-94 at I-275 - left lane open

https://www.wxyz.com/getting-around-met ... -icy-roads

If you don’t have a mask covering your exhaust pipe on the car, you are not trying to stop global warming by preventing the harmful emission particles from spraying out!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic