Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brandon Roux can't forecast...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Brandon Roux can't forecast...

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:29 pm

On today's 12PM news:
"Based on the satellite, I think the clouds win out this afternoon, we might not hit 50, and it'll be quite breezy."

Reality:
Partly sunny, light winds, low to mid 50s.

LOL

deadend

Re: Brandon Roux can't forecast...

Post by deadend » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:33 pm

He does seem pissed off and angry and acts like he’s annoyed to give the forecast. Maybe he did it on purpose.

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:27 pm

To Brandon’s credit, NOAA was calling for the winds to slowly decrease from this morning, but for gusts still in the 20s mph range late in the afternoon. The winds calmed at a quicker rate than expected.

In Northville this afternoon, it was mostly cloudy.

SteveS

Post by SteveS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Wow. He needs to just stick to the weather.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2021/ ... kidding-me

A later FTV story said he was supposed to be apologizing on the air on June 7th.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:55 pm

I have no power 😡

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:18 pm

SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 pm

A later FTV story said he was supposed to be apologizing on the air on June 7th.
Myself, I never heard of it before last June.

And to be honest, just like the different Jewish, Arabic, Mexican and other ethnic holidays that pop up on Google's Doodle, I don't know what it's all about.

Should everyone be expected to know what every commemorative calendar date is about?
Last edited by Deleted User 14896 on Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:28 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:18 pm
SteveS wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Myself, I never heard of it before last June.

And to be honest, just like the different Jewish, Arabic, Mexican and other ethnic holidays that pop up on Google's Doodle, I don't know what it's all about.

Should everyone know what every commemorative calendar date is about?
You’d think a guy at a NEWS station would know about something that’s been all over the NEWS by osmosis if nothing else.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:05 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:28 pm
You’d think a guy at a NEWS station would know about something that’s been all over the NEWS by osmosis if nothing else.
I'll admit upfront I'm not in the industry. And maybe EditorCJ can chime in.

Do the weather people and sportscasters pay attention to what's being broadcast before it's their turn?

For as much as I see the anchors reaching for their phones as they go to a commercial break, if Roux said there was a tornado southbound on the Lodge, would they catch it?

Are the different people of a newscast even staying in the studio when it's not their turn? Do the weather people step into the studio 30 seconds before they are on? Do the anchors step out of the studio and take a whiz or whatever during the 5 minute sportscast?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:05 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:28 pm
I'll admit upfront I'm not in the industry. And maybe EditorCJ can chime in.

Do the weather people and sportscasters pay attention to what's being broadcast before it's their turn?

For as much as I see the anchors reaching for their phones as they go to a commercial break, if Roux said there was a tornado southbound on the Lodge, would they catch it?

Are the different people of a newscast even staying in the studio when it's not their turn? Do the weather people step into the studio 30 seconds before they are on? Do the anchors step out of the studio and take a whiz or whatever during the 5 minute sportscast?

Inquiring minds want to know.
The anchors stay put and chit chat or what not during commercial breaks. Weather and sports walk in when it’s their turn usually. Everybody walks out chit chatting together.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:50 am

Brandon Roux sounds so upset and has such a forced cadence. It is painful to watch.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic