Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Steve Kostan

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SolidGoldDancers

Re: Steve Kostan

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:40 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:55 am
Here's another problem with that:

Steve KNOWS the music. The guy had some great breaks about the artist, the song, some kind of background about it. He's exactly what you would want from a jock. However, that doesn't seem to be the order of the day anymore. Plug your contest, tell some dumb "news" story and don't say a THING about the music. I don't know if I would want to hear Steve Kostan reduced to yapping about a nationwide giveaway.

I'd re-up Sirius/XM to hear him on Deep Tracks.

Terrestrial radio has squandered every opportunity to compete with newer media.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:46 pm

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:40 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

Steve KNOWS the music. The guy had some great breaks about the artist, the song, some kind of background about it. He's exactly what you would want from a jock. However, that doesn't seem to be the order of the day anymore. Plug your contest, tell some dumb "news" story and don't say a THING about the music. I don't know if I would want to hear Steve Kostan reduced to yapping about a nationwide giveaway.

I like the one jock Earle Bailey. He tells great stories about the songs.

windsor

Post by windsor » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:21 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:46 pm
SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:40 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:

I like the one jock Earle Bailey. He tells great stories about the songs.
For sure Earl is awesome on Classic Vinyl one of my Fav's. Takes me back to WABX when Im on there.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:43 pm

I remember listening to Steve "the kid" Kostan back in the late '70s. He's definitely been a great one in Detroit radio.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:11 pm

Wow. A primarily positive thread! I'm sure someone will come ruin it, but thus far, looks like folks want Steve Kostan back on the radio. Good guy.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

mwms9872

Post by mwms9872 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:01 pm

He’s a good man. Back in the 80’s he hosted WRIF parties that packed the house for local Detroit bands. On many occasions he’d jump on stage and jam a few songs with us. He put a lot of effort into local talent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic