Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Yet Another Jeopardy Post

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
sfpcc

Yet Another Jeopardy Post

Post by sfpcc » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm

Yesterday WDIV bumped jeopardy For the State Of The City Address. However it was broadcasted at 3:30, between an infomercial and NBC's Early News. Channel 4 used to simply skip the episode every time something like this happen, but since Alec Trebek died Jeopardy has got more attention. I remember complaining about this back in 2007.

SolarMax

Re: Yet Another Jeopardy Post

Post by SolarMax » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:03 pm

There was also the fact that a returning contestant was local, a woman from Livonia.
Friends in the Boston market have told me when Wheel or Jeopardy are preempted, their station runs a crawl to advise of a time shift or, a shift to one of the station's subchannels. WDIV seems to make no effort to do any of this, on air, on website or social media. I happened to discover yesterday's time shift by scrolling through the Xfinity program listing.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:48 pm

sfpcc wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm
Yesterday WDIV bumped jeopardy For the State Of The City Address. However it was broadcasted at 3:30, between an infomercial and NBC's Early News. Channel 4 used to simply skip the episode every time something like this happen, but since Alec Trebek died Jeopardy has got more attention. I remember complaining about this back in 2007.
Years ago, WDIV had Jeopardy! at 12:30 ELT weekdays, I and my co-workers watched and played it during our lunch break.

Then, WDIV would sometimes replace it with an infomercial instead, but not every weekday.

Gradually, over the space of about two years, it became a solid 30-minute infomercial buy.

Phooey!😒

blizzard

Post by blizzard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Spoiler Alert
The Livonia Gal lost.
:hat

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:19 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:48 pm
sfpcc wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:50 pm
Years ago, WDIV had Jeopardy! at 12:30 ELT weekdays, I and my co-workers watched and played it during our lunch break.

Then, WDIV would sometimes replace it with an infomercial instead, but not every weekday.

Gradually, over the space of about two years, it became a solid 30-minute infomercial buy.

Phooey!😒
They also used to edit the midday show, remove a few bits for extra time including some of the show's own promotional bits, and insert their own sold spots.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:00 pm

I was surprised that the State of the City was still on WDIV. I was watching it on Fox2, but they cut away at the top of the hour. I clicked over to 4 and it was still on, so I was able to watch till the end. I think it was worth watching but I didn't realize it bumped Jeopardy. Now I'm even more surprised that WDIV kept with Duggan.

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:25 am

DIV doesn't want to make good the barter spots in the show. That's why they play it at 3:30 am when they have to preempt it.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Jeopardy!: the game show you can play along with.
Same as Wheel.... the audience participation is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic