Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rest Stop / Gymnastics Coach

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Rest Stop / Gymnastics Coach

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 am

Do they overlook these things because those coaches are successful at developing talent? Those guys wouldn't be in the positions very long if they weren't exceeding the goals set forth, would they?
I think that has a lot to do with it - yes.

I also think in many cases parents are either (i) in denial or (ii) place fame & notoriety ahead of everything else, including mental and emotional well being of their youngsters.

In many crackpot / third-world and totalitarian countries, I suspect athlete physical abuse is also rampant.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:17 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 am
Do they overlook these things because those coaches are successful at developing talent? Those guys wouldn't be in the positions very long if they weren't exceeding the goals set forth, would they?
I think that has a lot to do with it - yes.

I also think in many cases parents are either (i) in denial or (ii) place fame & notoriety ahead of everything else, including mental and emotional well being of their youngsters.

In many crackpot / third-world and totalitarian countries, I suspect athlete physical abuse is also rampant.
That last part reminds me of a female athlete in East Germany who won an Olympic medal and had it stripped when it was found out that she was doping heavily. The catch is that they had been giving her high doses of testosterone without her consent to improve performance. Apparently all to outdo West Germany. So these abusive and performance related cases have been going on for decades. I suspect there are a lot more seedy and shady things we don’t know about.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:16 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:09 am

There was a skit a few decades ago on Saturday Night Live that was probably shockingly close to the truth about how Hollywood operates, and probably other things like Olympic training and Athletics. It had Burt Reynolds in it. In the last few years we have heard a lot about "quid pro quo" as if it only applied to politics and business and combinations thereof. It applies to a lot of things. The parents have to be more involved. If the training is not an open book to them, they should pull their kids out and put them in STEM programs, if they have the ability. Likely they will make a lot more money than 99 percent of Olympic trainees.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Pocketchange

Post by Pocketchange » Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm

Seems like Nessel screwed up the timing of the announcement. Usually they have the charged person in custody when announced, especially in such a case where the suspect is facing an extensive amount of jail time. I guess he said he was headed to turn himself in and took a detour, but wonder why the announcement couldn't wait until he was really at the jail.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:22 pm

Pocketchange wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm
Seems like Nessel screwed up the timing of the announcement. Usually they have the charged person in custody when announced, especially in such a case where the suspect is facing an extensive amount of jail time. I guess he said he was headed to turn himself in and took a detour, but wonder why the announcement couldn't wait until he was really at the jail.
Who cares?

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:38 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:17 am

That last part reminds me of a female athlete in East Germany who won an Olympic medal and had it stripped when it was found out that she was doping heavily. The catch is that they had been giving her high doses of testosterone without her consent
They would have never found out she was doping if she wouldn't have complained about the excessive hair growth she was experiencing....

...all over her balls.

:rollin

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:33 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:22 pm
Pocketchange wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:43 pm
Who cares?
The dirt bag's family

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:13 pm

[quote=Realist post_id=660111 time=1614388670 user_id=3967]
From the video I saw, it looked as he offed himself outside as I saw a shot where 4-6 Troopers were standing around outside and it appeared it was around the body
[/quote]

According to local Lansing media, (not sure it was TV or Radio) the coach shot himself behind the dumpsters. They interviewed a custodian who heard a pop and then found the body.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:03 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:38 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:17 am

That last part reminds me of a female athlete in East Germany who won an Olympic medal and had it stripped when it was found out that she was doping heavily. The catch is that they had been giving her high doses of testosterone without her consent
They would have never found out she was doping if she wouldn't have complained about the excessive hair growth she was experiencing....

...all over her balls.

:rollin
Thank god I was not trying to drink something while reading this... :lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic