Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Two major stories the Detroit media seem to be ignoring

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15502

Re: Two major stories the Detroit media seem to be ignoring

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:45 am

That's the trouble with with owning a car that's not made anymore, heck the whole company doesn't exist anymore. I don't know much about the Detroit area, in terms of where things are, but I would imagine a car repair place that deals in just European cars is the way to go. Say, a place that fixes Volvo's. Saab has always been a very Niche car, a very small but dedicated following.

My Dad had an Audi A4 that had some issues from time to time, fun car but it had the temperamental attributes of a European car. His current car is a Volkswagen Passat, it doesn't seem to have the European car issues though.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:16 am

Heathcliff wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 pm
I had a 96 GMC sonoma truck at one point, Awful! If you didn't seal the gas cap "just right", the light came on. Also, if you used BP gas in it, it ran terribly. Did not know GM had a plant in Delaware.

Oh yes, I watch Doug Demuro and retro Motorweek episodes all the time.
96 was there first year all the new requirements for emissions and diagnostics had to be widely implemented. I working on a lot of that development and "EVAP" and "misfire" were two of the tougher ones to do.

It's funny that a lot of American think most of the "big 3" cars are made in Michigan or Detroit, but there are car plants all over the country, especially the Eastern half.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:02 pm

On the Sonoma, just everything fell apart! The interior especially and stuff just slowly started breaking, this was before 100k! ugh.. . The 98-03 were much better.

Oh, I knew that. Both My century's were made in Oklahoma City, My Sonoma in New Jersey. My parents had a Mercury mountaineer at one point, I want to say it was made in Wixom?(unless I'm mixed up).

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:48 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:16 am
Heathcliff wrote:
I had a 96 GMC sonoma truck at one point, Awful! If you didn't seal the gas cap "just right", the light came on. Also, if you used BP gas in it, it ran terribly. Did not know GM had a plant in Delaware.

96 was there first year all the new requirements for emissions and diagnostics had to be widely implemented. I working on a lot of that development and "EVAP" and "misfire" were two of the tougher ones to do.

It's funny that a lot of American think most of the "big 3" cars are made in Michigan or Detroit, but there are car plants all over the country, especially the Eastern half.
What's old is new again..... Another big problem that newer GM trucks around 2015-16(Silverado/Sierra) have is DEF sensors are horribly unreliable. They malfunction and it throws trucks into limp mode. Drivers of said trucks are also unwilling to follow the direction of dealerships and their manuals for these issues which compounds the problem. They feel their truck looks too good to have these issues. Well, it's not. :lol

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:48 pm
km1125 wrote:
Heathcliff wrote:

What's old is new again..... Another big problem that newer GM trucks around 2015-16(Silverado/Sierra) have is DEF sensors are horribly unreliable. They malfunction and it throws trucks into limp mode. Drivers of said trucks are also unwilling to follow the direction of dealerships and their manuals for these issues which compounds the problem. They feel their truck looks too good to have these issues. Well, it's not. :lol
That would only apply to the diesels which are pretty rare and I hear it's pretty popular to do a "delete" on those trucks after the first year or so.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:21 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:09 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:48 pm
km1125 wrote:
Heathcliff wrote:

That would only apply to the diesels which are pretty rare and I hear it's pretty popular to do a "delete" on those trucks after the first year or so.
Which voids the warranty. But they’ll destroy the truck soon enough anyways. I’m not a fan of deleted diesels at all or lifted trucks for that matter. It always screamed I need plenty of compensation to me...

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:48 pm

I'm not a pick up kinda guy, but if I were to get one I think it would be an F-150. Those seem to have less issues then RAM or Chevy does.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:18 am

I bought a ‘21 Silverado after trading in my 18.... and I have an 08 HHR SS that is my normal Daily Driver for work.

My older son had a 12 Ford Fiesta and that was a horrid thing for the trans.

He has a 98 Cherokee and loves it.

So.... some are good .... some are not-so good.
All depends I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:20 pm

The stories..... yes they are being ignored

Anyone want to take a guess why? I’m not sure .... for one.

But I’d like to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic