Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 6 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Limbaugh Has Died

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SixPlusOne
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am

Limbaugh Has Died

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 pm

Listening at noon today his wife gave the announcement on his show.

Courtesy: Fox News

Rush Limbaugh, conservative talk radio pioneer, dead at 70


https://www.foxnews.com/media/rush-limb ... ative-icon



drew10219
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:00 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by drew10219 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:45 pm

WJR can switch to a Spanish language format now



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:50 pm

His influence in media and conservative politics was extraordinary. A true broadcasting legend who reinvigorated scores of struggling AM radio stations.

Midday radio won't be the same without him. R.I.P. Mr. Limbaugh.


Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

PinkPanther69
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:16 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by PinkPanther69 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:50 pm
His influence in media and conservative politics was extraordinary. A true broadcasting legend who reinvigorated scores of struggling AM radio stations.

Midday radio won't be the same without him. R.I.P. Mr. Limbaugh.
Amen.



User avatar
windsor
Posts: 501
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by windsor » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm

A radio Legend has left us.

RIP Rush and thankyou for your service in fighting the good fight for freedom and liberty for these many years.


Proud Graduate of the Crankin Craig School of Broadcasting

Bobbert
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Bobbert » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm

I checked the websites of the News and Free Press to see how they covered it. The News didn't have a comment section, but the Free Press did. Many of the comments on the Free Press blatantly violated their guidelines for commenting: "While it's OK to disagree with someone's ideas; personal attacks, insults, threats, hate speech, advocating violence and other violations are not tolerated and may result in a ban."


Everybody's gone surfin'—Surfin' U.S.A.

Gertner
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Gertner » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 pm

Good



Bobbert
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Bobbert » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:07 pm

I saw Limbaugh at the Masonic Auditorium in early 1990. Towards the end of the show, this guy stomps out on stage in a very dramatic manner, and then we found out that Mark Scott was going to return to WXYT. According to the Free Press of 2/24/90, Scott returned to the 9-12 slot, followed by Rush from 12-2, and David Newman from 2-4. Those were the days...


Everybody's gone surfin'—Surfin' U.S.A.

User avatar
48125er
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by 48125er » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:17 pm

if it wasnt for rush, I WILL give him credit for this, WJR would've been an arabic station in 1992,
Bitch Mitch Albom would be on rag podcasts.



jsf
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:06 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by jsf » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
I checked the websites of the News and Free Press to see how they covered it. The News didn't have a comment section, but the Free Press did. Many of the comments on the Free Press blatantly violated their guidelines for commenting: "While it's OK to disagree with someone's ideas; personal attacks, insults, threats, hate speech, advocating violence and other violations are not tolerated and may result in a ban."
Every Lib loves free speech unless they disagree with what you say.



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 am

Gertner wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 pm
Good
So when someone you disagree with politically, death is deserved, right?



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 am

jsf wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am
Bobbert wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
I checked the websites of the News and Free Press to see how they covered it. The News didn't have a comment section, but the Free Press did. Many of the comments on the Free Press blatantly violated their guidelines for commenting: "While it's OK to disagree with someone's ideas; personal attacks, insults, threats, hate speech, advocating violence and other violations are not tolerated and may result in a ban."
Every Lib loves free speech unless they disagree with what you say.
Exactly!!



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:49 am

I had comments about Limbaugh deleted or "deactivated" in the comment sections on WDIV's website, message telling me "your comment violates our terms of service, blah blah blah", yet many comments celebrating his death and personal attacks on Limbaugh were allowed to post.....funny how that works...



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:01 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 am
Gertner wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:04 pm
Good
Limbaugh deserved to die because you don't like his politics, or what his views are, right?



Gertner
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Gertner » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am

An evil person who spent his entire adult life convincing his listeners to hate and fear anyone who looked or thought differently than they did is now unable to spew his hate speech. If he would’ve stopped on his own, that would’ve been great. But he didn’t and kept his fear mongering rhetoric going on his death bed.

My opinion on Rush when he was alive was the same as it is in death. The world would be a better place if Rush Limbaugh wasn’t in it. And now he’s not. Good.

I had a good laugh about it.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic