Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 6 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Limbaugh Has Died

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Majik
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Majik » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:17 am

jsf wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 am
Bobbert wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:54 pm
I checked the websites of the News and Free Press to see how they covered it. The News didn't have a comment section, but the Free Press did. Many of the comments on the Free Press blatantly violated their guidelines for commenting: "While it's OK to disagree with someone's ideas; personal attacks, insults, threats, hate speech, advocating violence and other violations are not tolerated and may result in a ban."
Every Lib loves free speech unless they disagree with what you say.
Yes, they prove it on a daily basis



Majik
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Majik » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 am

Bobbert wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:07 pm
I saw Limbaugh at the Masonic Auditorium in early 1990. Towards the end of the show, this guy stomps out on stage in a very dramatic manner, and then we found out that Mark Scott was going to return to WXYT. According to the Free Press of 2/24/90, Scott returned to the 9-12 slot, followed by Rush from 12-2, and David Newman from 2-4. Those were the days...
Didn’t have to touch the dial for 7 hours as I drove a delivery truck around the metro area.



User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by lidoshuffle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:22 am

Gertner wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am
An evil person who spent his entire adult life convincing his listeners to hate and fear anyone who looked or thought differently than they did is now unable to spew his hate speech. If he would’ve stopped on his own, that would’ve been great. But he didn’t and kept his fear mongering rhetoric going on his death bed.

My opinion on Rush when he was alive was the same as it is in death. The world would be a better place if Rush Limbaugh wasn’t in it. And now he’s not. Good.

I had a good laugh about it.
All because you don't like his politics? You must have listened to him everyday to be that butthurt, show us on a doll where Rush hurt you....



Gertner
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Gertner » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 am

Rush went around saying Michael J Fox was exaggerating his Parkinson's

Great guy. I hope he suffered greatly.



Gertner
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Gertner » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 am

Hopefully they have oxys in hell for Rush

And in truly don't care if he's a republican or democrat. I HATE politics. I judge people on their actions. Rush was a piece of shit.
Last edited by Gertner on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.



Majik
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Majik » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:25 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:49 am
I had comments about Limbaugh deleted or "deactivated" in the comment sections on WDIV's website, message telling me "your comment violates our terms of service, blah blah blah", yet many comments celebrating his death and personal attacks on Limbaugh were allowed to post.....funny how that works...
WDIV violates my terms of service, so I don’t tune into that station, unless there is a football game on that I really need to see.



Majik
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Majik » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:30 am

I choose to believe that Rush will help right the ship from the happy hunting grounds in the sky



fairbankshockeypuck
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by fairbankshockeypuck » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:45 pm

Just thinking out loud...in America where anything is possible and ya never say never....Would it not be weird of Donald Trump was offered the gig as a replacement to Rush....don't judge/just saying/just tossing it out there



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 5813
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:13 pm

I never speak ill of the dead.



non-anon bob
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: South Lyon

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by non-anon bob » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm

Gertner wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am
An evil person who spent his entire adult life convincing his listeners to hate and fear anyone who looked or thought differently than they did is now unable to spew his hate speech. If he would’ve stopped on his own, that would’ve been great. But he didn’t and kept his fear mongering rhetoric going on his death bed.

My opinion on Rush when he was alive was the same as it is in death. The world would be a better place if Rush Limbaugh wasn’t in it. And now he’s not. Good.

I had a good laugh about it.
Amen, Gertner! Glad that the self-righteous racist and sexist is gone, unable to poison the minds of his listeners anymore. :lol


...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

paul8539
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:20 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by paul8539 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:59 pm

So, which conservative talk show host is going to take over for him?



Bobbert
Posts: 422
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Bobbert » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm

paul8539 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:59 pm
So, which conservative talk show host is going to take over for him?
From what I heard today, they are going to continue with the same rotation of guest hosts for a while (Mark Steyn, Todd Herman, Ken Matthews). I hope Steyn takes over—he has the same sharp wit, insight, and satirical edge that Rush had. The other two are OK, but seem interchangeable with a lot of other people (Gallagher, Kilmeade, Beck,, etc.).

Of course there's a lot of variables involving WJR—its contract with the Limbaugh show, its interest in continuing with the program, its thoughts about maybe trying something different.


Everybody's gone surfin'—Surfin' U.S.A.

MasterB
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by MasterB » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:16 am

I wasn't a fan of Rush only listened to him a handful of times when I was with my grandpa or stepdad in the car.


Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

User avatar
lidoshuffle
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by lidoshuffle » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am

non-anon bob wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Gertner wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am
An evil person who spent his entire adult life convincing his listeners to hate and fear anyone who looked or thought differently than they did is now unable to spew his hate speech. If he would’ve stopped on his own, that would’ve been great. But he didn’t and kept his fear mongering rhetoric going on his death bed.

My opinion on Rush when he was alive was the same as it is in death. The world would be a better place if Rush Limbaugh wasn’t in it. And now he’s not. Good.

I had a good laugh about it.
Amen, Gertner! Glad that the self-righteous racist and sexist is gone, unable to poison the minds of his listeners anymore. :lol
You mean political views and beliefs that you don't agree with, there, fixed it for you....



User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8348
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Limbaugh Has Died

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:46 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:22 am
non-anon bob wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:49 pm
Gertner wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:06 am
An evil person who spent his entire adult life convincing his listeners to hate and fear anyone who looked or thought differently than they did is now unable to spew his hate speech. If he would’ve stopped on his own, that would’ve been great. But he didn’t and kept his fear mongering rhetoric going on his death bed.

My opinion on Rush when he was alive was the same as it is in death. The world would be a better place if Rush Limbaugh wasn’t in it. And now he’s not. Good.

I had a good laugh about it.
Amen, Gertner! Glad that the self-righteous racist and sexist is gone, unable to poison the minds of his listeners anymore. :lol
You mean political views and beliefs that you don't agree with, there, fixed it for you....
I don’t agree that the Earth is flat but you’re welcome to. Don’t expect me to respect that however. Sometimes a stupid line of thinking is exactly that. Stupid.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic