Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rock Radio Scorecard

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz

Rock Radio Scorecard

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:06 pm

Greetings!

As I have previously mentioned, I travel all day for work, and I'm all over mid to SE Michigan. Today while driving to a job in Linden, I decided to have a little fun with the terrible repetition I hear daily.

What I'd like to do is create a scorecard. Listing bands and, in some cases songs, we can tally up how many times we hear an artist or song on any given day. It's a fun way to kill time and to compare the thousands upon millions of songs/bands that get passed over in favor of another spin of Sweet Child O'Mine.

For example, yesterday, in a 6 hour span, we heard GNR three times on Wheels. Go ahead and list a band or song you've had enough of or hear constantly, and I'll keep a running tally daily. Here are a few I thought of.

-GNR
-Motley Crue
-Def Leppard
-Queen
-Bon Jovi
-Poison
-Van Halen (primarily Roth era)
-Aerosmith (mostly Geffen 87-93 stuff)

Please feel free to add an overplayed song or artist and at the end of the week, we can total up how many times they were played.

A little fun never hurt anyone.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

JLesinski

Re: Rock Radio Scorecard

Post by JLesinski » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:41 pm

See, for me its not that I dont want to hear those bands, with the exception of Poison-fuck them, I just dont want to hear those same 3 or 4 songs all the time.

Also, add AC/DC to the list

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:00 pm

AC/DC has been added.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:33 pm

Right now the only Rock station i have on my presets is WCSX. I kind of keep track of songs they played that are a nice surprise.
In The last month I can recall two of them, Thirty Days In The Hole, (Humble Pie), and Roundabout, (Yes.) I remember hearing Psycho Killer, (Talking Heads) on that station but I think that was like five years ago. Fifteen years ago they played White Punks On Dope, (The Tubes.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic