Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Who will.replace Frank Beckmann

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Kidcat

Who will.replace Frank Beckmann

Post by Kidcat » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:39 pm

Would like to see Ron Cameron get the job.If the michigan buzzboard is any indication WJR's ratings would soar.Listeners would be in for a treat hearing Kurt from Fraser and Mr.Positive weekdays.

Momo

Re: Who will.replace Frank Beckmann

Post by Momo » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 pm

And give up all he has, Kidcat?! His twice-weekly, brokered radio show on the non-rated WPON which has “7 callers”? His front desk job at a drug & prostitution-infested, Downriver motel? His career running Michelin rated restaurants? Monitoring 1970s Match Game episodes? Preparing for his inevitable induction into the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame? No, the Beckmann slot would be too much of a sacrifice to ask of Ron.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:23 pm

I predict WJR will either move Guy Gordon to that timeslot, will hire former Congressman, Mike Rogers, to fill that space, or will do the predictable corporate radio thing and simply make Steve Courtney work extra hours by picking up Beckmann's timeslot in addition to his sports anchoring duties during Paul W's show.

I still think there's a chance Drew Lane will appear on WJR's payroll some day.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 pm

I would bet on a syndicated national show. Less payroll!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:09 pm

I think that is a strong possibility for the 3p to 5p slot if Gordon is moved to late mornings.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:31 pm

Gordon is dull. I'm in WJR's current prime demographic, and I find his program a "why bother.". When he is on its off to WWJ for me.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that Albom has been mailing it in for the past couple of years.

I think the Dan Bongino Show would be a good fit for WJR.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:10 am

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that Albom has been mailing it in for the past couple of years.
That's putting it mildly! LOL

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:59 am

Chris Renwick in for Frank today. Much better show, with hard hitting questions. Big improvement over Frank's usual bloviating. Frank's replacement should be obvious to anyone listening.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Gordon was in for Paul W. The audio between him, Marie Osborne, and the other voices was horrendous. I thought I was listening to a Sault Ste. Marie station, not a top 20 market morning show!

Still no news anchor middays.

Pocketchange

Post by Pocketchange » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Drew Lane and then AM radio will reign supreme!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:57 am

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:59 am
Chris Renwick in for Frank today. Much better show, with hard hitting questions. Big improvement over Frank's usual bloviating. Frank's replacement should be obvious to anyone listening.
I like everything about Chris, and his style, except his voice. It's hard for me to listen to him for long periods.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Scooter

Post by Scooter » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:05 pm

Bryce wrote:
Colonel Flagg wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:59 am
I like everything about Chris, and his style, except his voice. It's hard for me to listen to him for long periods.
Agreed. It would be great if radio stations started using some people again with quality "radio voices".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic