Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TitanTV Listings

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
szmigiel

TitanTV Listings

Post by szmigiel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:19 pm

I have been using TitanTV listings since I cut the cord years back. It was always reliable and easy to use, I could customize it for just the channels I watched and could see listing 14 days ahead. But now in 2021 it has gotten worse, lots of channels will just list Movie without listing what is being shown. Some of the listing just being plain wrong, and FaveTV still all blank, even though my TV's onscreen listing will be correct.

I really hope they get their act together soon. It was a nice had it bookmarked on my computer and the app on my phone.

km1125

Re: TitanTV Listings

Post by km1125 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:29 pm

I've noticed that too (just listing "movie" in some of the timeslots). It's annoying. You can't really plan to watch something if you don't know what it's going to be!! I've been using tvtv.us, but they also still list WHNE on channel 14 and the subchannels are not correct either.

What's the best online tv listing site??

mmb5

Post by mmb5 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:14 pm

Since TitanTV relies on the stations to enter their listings, I wonder if that method recently changed and has become a lot harder to use. Are there particular stations that are acutely bad?

Zap2It uses Gracenote, which is the generally accepted best company that provides listing data. Rovi, my former employer, was going downhill fast when I left and since has been dropped by almost all clients.

proxima3

Post by proxima3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 pm

The other day Comet had a marathon of Godzilla movies. I was all set to watch a bunch of them but the listings were inaccurate. Grrr!

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 am

km1125 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:29 pm
I've noticed that too (just listing "movie" in some of the timeslots). It's annoying. You can't really plan to watch something if you don't know what it's going to be!! I've been using tvtv.us, but they also still list WHNE on channel 14 and the subchannels are not correct either.

What's the best online tv listing site??
I'm not sure where you're getting the Titan information that you mentioned because the Titan listings that I look at is completely correct and up to date and has been since they changed to channel 3 last spring.

You can go to WHNETV.COM to see the Titan listings for WHNE and ALL the Detroit broadcast stations. They have pictures and everything of the shows or movies.

I noticed that the FAVE TV shows no programs. That is most likely because the network hasn't send their schedule into the schedule services yet. Titan, newspapers and other listing companies use "schedule services" to provide the schedules that they provide to the public. Titan doesn't wait for every TV station to send their schedule to them, anymore than the Detroit News or Free Press. The end users pay the schedule services like Gracenote, FYI, Tivo and RedBee to provide them with all the schedules in a form that can use. In the case of newspapers, it comes in ready to print.

Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:14 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 am
I'm not sure where you're getting the Titan information that you mentioned because the Titan listings that I look at is completely correct and up to date and has been since they changed to channel 3 last spring.
I haven't used Titan TV. I've been using tvtv.us, and was seeing the same issue as the OP on that service. I have no idea how they get their data.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm

It's a bit strange on my main TV I have a ChannelMaster DVR and it showing correct schedules, that are not correct in TitanTV. Including, THIS, Comet, and FaveTV. But my Samsung TV I have in my bedroom has blank info on the channel guide like TitanTV.
So something must be going on with the services that update that information.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:23 pm

szmigiel wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm
It's a bit strange on my main TV I have a ChannelMaster DVR and it showing correct schedules, that are not correct in TitanTV. Including, THIS, Comet, and FaveTV. But my Samsung TV I have in my bedroom has blank info on the channel guide like TitanTV.
Where are you finding Titan TV schedules that aren't correct?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:06 am

TVpassport is good and way better than Titan TV.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 am

tvbobn wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:23 pm
szmigiel wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm
Where are you finding Titan TV schedules that aren't correct?
This TV is a great example of just listing Movie and not which movie, same with Light TV movies (but they are no longer a station)

TitanTV Listed that CometTV was going to play the Godzilla New Years Marathon as
10:00 AM Godzilla, King of the Monsters
12:00 PM Invasion of Astro-Monster
2:00 PM Son of Godzilla
4:00 PM Destroy All Monsters
6:00 PM Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
8:00 PM Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
10:00 PM Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla
12:00 AM Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.

The first four films were correct, but then at 6PM
6:00 PM Godzilla Vs Megalon
8:00 PM Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla
10:00 PM Terror of Mechagodzilla
12:00 AM War of the Gargantua

There has been a few others, but those are the ones that stick out for me.

tvbobn

Post by tvbobn » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:39 am

I don't know if you are aware that Byron Allen purchased both Light TV and This TV from MGM.

Today 1/15 he changed Light into a new network called The Grio. He's also changing This TV, but not a complete remake (yet?). His plans are to target the two networks toward the African-American audience, so it's likely the movies will not be quite the same as they were under MGM.

To that end, the schedules haven't been completely accurate as some of the changes are taking place literally today!

szmigiel

Post by szmigiel » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Yes I was aware of the change of Light TV to The Grio, I started a thread about that last week. I was unaware of THIS being part of the deal.
So hopefully TitanTV listings get back to being more accurate in February. I really do like using TitanTV.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 pm

3.1 still shows up as LIGHT TV on the guide functions on my set (which just uses the PSIP tables in the transport stream), but the content definitely has changed over to the new format.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic