Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

History of WRIF podcast

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
mikemach

History of WRIF podcast

Post by mikemach » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:41 am

This has been excellent so far, I have to believe many of you would enjoy this!

https://wrif.com/podcasts/history-of-wrif-podcast/

Mega Hertz

Re: History of WRIF podcast

Post by Mega Hertz » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:10 pm

Thanks for this link! It's been great so far.

I have to consider myself lucky that, while I never did any air work for Riff, I was fortunate to have worked with all of them. It's good to hear their voices again. To have been in the same air studio as jocks like JJ and Karen Savelly and Ken Calvert, I couldn't have asked to have been shown the ropes by some excellent Detroit jocks.

I love hearing a historical lesson of what radio and rock radio was like back then and how Riff came up. Karen really hit the nail on the head about not bothering to start a career in radio these days. It's useless. Better off flipping burgers now. But I have to give credit for this podcast, it's really enjoyable.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bjmcdevitt

Post by bjmcdevitt » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:58 am

I just started to binge through these. In the Peter Werbe episode, the woman's name he couldn't remember was Sheila Rushlow. He also mentioned Mike Watson, but I'm pretty sure he meant Michael Collins.

Please look at my signature.

Makeme

Post by Makeme » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 am

Is there going to be an episode on Nick Demos or one where he is mentioned?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic