Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Detroit annoyance list

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
SteveS

Re: Detroit annoyance list

Post by SteveS » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:04 pm

Smiovitz..Very old Sthick
Whatever became of "tvnewsinsider" on this forum? He/she claimed years ago that Bernie was out the door.

RadioDork1

Post by RadioDork1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:12 pm

rushbuzz1013 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:10 pm
1 - Jason Carr - Stumbling thru copy should be reserved only for first year talents. You should know better.
2- Ryan Ermanni (sp) - Inside voice! Inside voice! Please, dude.
3- Karen Dru - Stop with the fear mongering! "Farts. Are your kids safe?" Stop it.
4- Paula Tutman - Drop the "Agaaain" schtick. It is so pretentious.
5- Carolyn Clifford - I hate the way she pushes the ends of her teases. "Watch! Or I'll tell your father" type vibes. Ugh

Thank you, can't agree more with the Paula Tutman Agaaaaaaain bullshit.

thedjguy

Post by thedjguy » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:57 am

1. Pat Caputo
2. Jeff Riger
3. Fox 2 News Mornings

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:31 pm

I might as well add this to the list even though its not a person:

"Bohemian Rhapsody". I dont care what station I'm on (since its everywhere); as soon as I hear those first notes its an automatic station change.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:04 am

I think my biggest annoyance is something Fox2 does in the morning. They will have an interesting cooking or studio music or interview or whatever. Then they cut it short "We're out of time" or "Gotta go". And the next thing they do is something lame. A true Who Cares?

I know this isn't the fault of the person in front of the camera. I realize someone off stage is the one bum rushing the segment.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:09 am

All of what Detroit media has evolved into. :barf

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:15 pm

What naked pictures of Channel 4 execs does Bernie Smilovitz have? I cannot believe this guy still has a job around here. His shtick is not funny---AT ALL. Maybe 40 years ago? Then you have the Devin and Kimberly who must have a clause in their contract as a " MUST laugh at all his dumb jokes?!?! His segment is the biggest waste of time. The guy is also lacking of doing any up to date research on the goings on of the local sports scene. Just keep mailing it in with the stale dumb stuff.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm

JLesinski wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:31 pm

"Bohemian Rhapsody". I dont care what station I'm on (since its everywhere); as soon as I hear those first notes its an automatic station change.
Over a one week period in July of 2020, we heard it on the radio 34 damn times in one week. Granted, we travel all day, but we're always in range of WLLZ, WCSX, WOMC...we made a fucking game out of it!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm
JLesinski wrote:

Over a one week period in July of 2020, we heard it on the radio 34 damn times in one week. Granted, we travel all day, but we're always in range of WLLZ, WCSX, WOMC...we made a fucking game out of it!
In my Hall Of Fame of "Most Overplayed Rock Songs", Definite top 10 of one of thee most overplayed songs on FM classic rock formats...

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:54 am

lidoshuffle wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:28 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

In my Hall Of Fame of "Most Overplayed Rock Songs", Definite top 10 of one of thee most overplayed songs on FM classic rock formats...
It didn't always seem to be that way though, did it? I always remember Queen getting some kind of airplay, but lately it's just been ridiculous. And if it ain't Bohemian, then it's Dust or Rock You.

It's on my top 10 list, also, though. Almost anything by GNR and Def Leppard, too. We call it the Royal Flush when we hear all three groups playing at the same time.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:54 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

It didn't always seem to be that way though, did it? I always remember Queen getting some kind of airplay, but lately it's just been ridiculous. And if it ain't Bohemian, then it's Dust or Rock You.

It's on my top 10 list, also, though. Almost anything by GNR and Def Leppard, too. We call it the Royal Flush when we hear all three groups playing at the same time.
Fat Bottomed Girls still plays regularly too, as well as Under Pressure. I wish Radio Gaga was played more often.

lidoshuffle

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:52 pm

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:12 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:54 am
lidoshuffle wrote:
Mega Hertz wrote:
JLesinski wrote:

Fat Bottomed Girls still plays regularly too, as well as Under Pressure. I wish Radio Gaga was played more often.
"Radio Gaga", one of Queen's best songs, WCSX won't go anywhere near it, they'd rather play Huey Lewis or Bon Jovi....multiple times a day...

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:11 pm

Bring on "Tie Your Mother Down," though I am rarely in the Motor City.

Mark Champion's carping about officials is wearisome. A Sunday night game is part of the package when you call NBA games.

Wildbill

Post by Wildbill » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:51 am

Jason Carr. I can’t believe the station lets him go on with that stupid homeless looking shit on his face. Trim it or cut it off.
HE thinks he’s hot.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:55 am

Wildbill wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:51 am
Jason Carr. I can’t believe the station lets him go on with that stupid homeless looking shit on his face. Trim it or cut it off.
HE thinks he’s hot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic