Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Best wishes to WJR's News Director, Dick Haefner, who is retiring at the end of this week!

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Best wishes to WJR's News Director, Dick Haefner, who is retiring at the end of this week!

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:17 pm

Excellent write-up of his distinguished career can be found here:

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2023 ... r-retires/

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

lidoshuffle

Re: Best wishes to WJR's News Director, Dick Haefner, who is retiring at the end of this week!

Post by lidoshuffle » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:41 pm

On Friday, Mr. Haefner's last day, will we hear at 5:40am "It's the Paul W. Smith Show, substituting for Paul....(lol)

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Best wishes to WJR's News Director, Dick Haefner, who is retiring at the end of this week!

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:15 am

I am just old enough to remember the last of the glory days from the top of the Fisher Building. The mother of one of my classmates worked on JP McCarthy's show when she was younger.

I was the kid who flipped on the radio after school at a young age and listened to the day games @4:05 when the Tigers played on the west coast.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:39 pm

Tune in 10:30 AM tomorrow (Friday) morning. There will be a tribute to Mr. Haefener.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:41 pm

No disrespect intended, but is his last name pronounced half-in-er?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Yeah, if you say it slowly. :)
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:26 am

He has one of those voices that you remember so well, that at least I can remember how he sounds, not just that he’s on the radio.

Good luck on your next adventure..... thanks for being part of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic