Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Hey, 93.9...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:55 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 pm
107.1 in Ann Arbor fights it out with a K Love affiliate over here. Neither wins. It's not able to listen to it easily here in Warren. Besides, I had heard that 107.1 ditched their indy adult alternative format for light rock?
Nope, still AAA, and even so, I heard "Twice As Hard" by the Black Crowes in rotation. That's a head scratcher.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

thatonedude
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 am
Location: Ypsilanti

Hey, 93.9...

Post by thatonedude » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:04 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 pm
107.1 in Ann Arbor fights it out with a K Love affiliate over here. Neither wins. It's not able to listen to it easily here in Warren. Besides, I had heard that 107.1 ditched their indy adult alternative format for light rock?
Nope, still AAA, and even so, I heard "Twice As Hard" by the Black Crowes in rotation. That's a head scratcher.
Hell, I heard “Remedy” by them a couple days ago. Both are pretty hard tracks by 107one’s standards.

Also, a good portion of the classic rock cuts that 107one had in rotation were dumped a couple years ago. A lot of AAA stations are doing that, I’ve noticed, but I’m not sure why...might be to prevent the format from “aging out”?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Take anything people say with a grain of salt, a lime wedge, and maybe a bottle of tequila.

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4761
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 am

A Grand Rapids station fans of the old 93.9 The River may enjoy:

http://wklq.tunegenie.com/


Tesla cars are overpriced rolling shitboxes on wheels.

Gertner
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by Gertner » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:57 pm

93.9 replaced 107.5 on my presets last night



User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:38 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 am
A Grand Rapids station fans of the old 93.9 The River may enjoy:

http://wklq.tunegenie.com/
A little more 80s than 93.9, but it's decent. Definitely more on the Indy side which I like.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

thatonedude
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 am
Location: Ypsilanti

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by thatonedude » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:39 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:57 am
A Grand Rapids station fans of the old 93.9 The River may enjoy:

http://wklq.tunegenie.com/
A little more 80s than 93.9, but it's decent. Definitely more on the Indy side which I like.
Considering it’s a clone of 107.1, it shouldn’t be surprising. Loved listening to it in GR when I was up there earlier this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Take anything people say with a grain of salt, a lime wedge, and maybe a bottle of tequila.

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:55 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 pm
107.1 in Ann Arbor fights it out with a K Love affiliate over here. Neither wins. It's not able to listen to it easily here in Warren. Besides, I had heard that 107.1 ditched their indy adult alternative format for light rock?
Nope, still AAA, and even so, I heard "Twice As Hard" by the Black Crowes in rotation. That's a head scratcher.
I've heard Hard to Handle on there as well.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4761
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am

Someone finally cleaned up 93.9's crappy audio processing.

Today is the first time I've sampled the station in over a week. Audio definitely sounds cleaner than before. Unfortunately, the playlist remains reprehensibly awful.

88.7 sure seems like it's broadcasting at reduced power. I have no issue picking up a clean stereo signal from 89.9, 93.9 and even 95.9. I cannot decode stereo on 88.7 unless I fidget endlessly with the antenna wire.


Tesla cars are overpriced rolling shitboxes on wheels.

Neckbeard
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by Neckbeard » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:14 pm

The main takeaway from this thread is that all SXM needs to do is just exist and terrestrial radio will just continue killing itself.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:20 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am


88.7 sure seems like it's broadcasting at reduced power. I have no issue picking up a clean stereo signal from 89.9, 93.9 and even 95.9. I cannot decode stereo on 88.7 unless I fidget endlessly with the antenna wire.
Good. Fuck 'em. They can reduce power all the way down to 1 watt for all I give a shit. Fuck them and their shit kicker music. I'll listen to the 95.5 tracks that "Alternative" 98.7 plays.

God I fucking hate Detroit radio.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am
Someone finally cleaned up 93.9's crappy audio processing.

Today is the first time I've sampled the station in over a week. Audio definitely sounds cleaner than before. Unfortunately, the playlist remains reprehensibly awful.

88.7 sure seems like it's broadcasting at reduced power. I have no issue picking up a clean stereo signal from 89.9, 93.9 and even 95.9. I cannot decode stereo on 88.7 unless I fidget endlessly with the antenna wire.
88.7 comes in pretty good on my Bose Wave radio in Toledo, so chances are, it's coming in better here than in parts of Metro Detroit!



User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:49 pm

Unless there is a format flip, 88.7 and 93.9 lost their places on my presets. I replaced 88.7 with 98.7 and 93.9 got replaced by 106.7. I can't believe that I miss some of the Cancon alternative, but I do sort of.

I was even more happy to take advantage of SiriusXM's offer of $60 for All access for the year. If the stupid Canadians hadn't flipped both stations when they did, I wouldn't have taken advantage of that offer. So, thanks for being timely.

Also, I really enjoy Howard now that he has cut back on zoo radio and done more serious interviews.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

Chrocket87
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by Chrocket87 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:35 am

Well, if you miss the Cancon alternative, Iceberg on the SiriusXM app plays plenty of the stuff you’re missing. I’ve heard plenty of Our Lady Peace, Tragically Hip, and other stuff on the station. They also play a lot of Canadian rock that I’ve never heard of!



User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 2304
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:37 am

Good to know. I was actually listening to the Verge, but they only play the stuff from today. Kind of a mix similar to the former River 93.9 minus American musicians of course.


"I think that those who would try to make you feel less than who you are, I think that's the greatest evil."- Fred Rogers
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill

innate-in-you
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 am

Re: Hey, 93.9...

Post by innate-in-you » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:38 am

radioandtventhusiast wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:54 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:51 am
Someone finally cleaned up 93.9's crappy audio processing.

Today is the first time I've sampled the station in over a week. Audio definitely sounds cleaner than before. Unfortunately, the playlist remains reprehensibly awful.

88.7 sure seems like it's broadcasting at reduced power. I have no issue picking up a clean stereo signal from 89.9, 93.9 and even 95.9. I cannot decode stereo on 88.7 unless I fidget endlessly with the antenna wire.
88.7 comes in pretty good on my Bose Wave radio in Toledo, so chances are, it's coming in better here than in parts of Metro Detroit!
Compared to Class B FM radio stations stateside, the Windsor FM stations offer a good signal in Toledo Proper, because some of the Windsor stations are some distance south of Windsor.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic