Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 5:30p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

98.7 The Breeze flips to all Christmas on Halloween night

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: 98.7 The Breeze flips to all Christmas on Halloween night

Post by Bobbert » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:59 am

The older I get, the more I enjoy looking forward to things, so I avoid Christmas music between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I confess that I listen to Christmas music throughout the year. There's days at work that feel like eternity, but certain Christmas music instantly puts me in a better mood. I turn it off after Labor Day so that I can enjoy it in its natural setting after Thanksgiving.

For me, Christmas in November means store displays and cozy television ads that do everything possible not to mention the name of the holiday. There's a warm feeling of anticipation as the Christmas feeling slowly creeps into everyday life.

November's also a good time for reflection on the past year, especially this year. As I reflect, and enjoy the last few weeks of fall, I also look forward to the year-end holidays. It's not a bad feeling.

stopnswop2

Re: 98.7 The Breeze flips to all Christmas on Halloween night

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:33 pm

They're going to fail in the ratings like last year.
WNIC has been going all Christmas for almost 20 years. They could play the same 5 songs all day and still get number 1. It's a tradition.
If the Breeze is going to play the exact same songs as them, and also have no personality / proper imaging, why would anyone break their traditions and switch over? This is just basic human psychology. Nobody is going to switch away from the station they listened to for 20 years unless you give a reason to.
And actually properly advertise....
Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic