Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Local4 says it will refer to “militia” as “domestic terrorists”

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
jsf

Re: Local4 says it will refer to “militia” as “domestic terrorists”

Post by jsf » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:03 am

I think it show's what kind of education these news writers have gotten.

JLesinski

Post by JLesinski » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:04 am

If its only for that specific case then that would be correct. If they plan on doing that for all militia then that would be incorrect.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:22 am

Probably a more accurate label would be "losers". They aren't militia or domestic terrorists. They barely seem competent enough to tie their own shoes while living in the basement of a vacuum cleaner repair shop.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:43 am

If they are involved in as plot to kidnap someone and hold a mock trail, then they are terrorist. Militia don't make the news unless they do something stupid like this.

conelrad

Post by conelrad » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Good for them. It’s accurate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:34 pm

Unless WDIV edited its tweet after your initial post, LL101, you are completely wrong.

Here is the full text:
After much discussion in our newsroom, we've decided that moving forward, we will be using the term "domestic terrorism" or "domestic terrorist," rather than militia. We feel these words better define the subjects of the investigation.
They are actually distinguishing these nutbags - ya know, the thugs who wanted to open gunfire at the State Capitol, blow up bridges, and kidnap Whitmer and possibly others - from ordinary militia-types. So, WDIV is actually doing the OPPOSITE of what you are alleging!

Getoffmylawn

Post by Getoffmylawn » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:09 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:45 am
Guess they’ll also refer to black people as “niggers” and gays as “fags.”
You seem to be rather fond of using those terms yourself, so if WDIV elected to do so as well, if anything that should earn them your respect. Surely you wouldn't hold them to a different standard than you would hold yourself, would you?

Not that it matters, I suppose. It's not as if you didn't know exactly what they were trying to convey in that tweet.
.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8HT32 ... =linealane

BME

Post by BME » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:34 pm
Unless WDIV edited its tweet after your initial post, LL101, you are completely wrong.

Here is the full text:
After much discussion in our newsroom, we've decided that moving forward, we will be using the term "domestic terrorism" or "domestic terrorist," rather than militia. We feel these words better define the subjects of the investigation.
They are actually distinguishing these nutbags - ya know, the thugs who wanted to open gunfire at the State Capitol, blow up bridges, and kidnap Whitmer and possibly others - from ordinary militia-types. So, WDIV is actually doing the OPPOSITE of what you are alleging!
How about using the occasion to permaban LL101. He is a homophobe (although I see homophobic language astonishingly unmonitored on this board), and even before he went on this anti-gay kick, his posts were clearly sick and unbalanced.

I'm not a Johnny-come-lately; I've been reading this board for seven years.

Lots of righty kooks here. You need the traffic that badly?

wtfdetroit

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:20 pm

BME wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:41 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Here is the full text:
How about using the occasion to permaban LL101. He is a homophobe (although I see homophobic language astonishingly unmonitored on this board), and even before he went on this anti-gay kick, his posts were clearly sick and unbalanced.

I'm not a Johnny-come-lately; I've been reading this board for seven years.

Lots of righty kooks here. You need the traffic that badly?
Agreed. When did this become a sub-board of some right wing political site? This board should have some standards and allowing the type of post to go relatively unchecked this morning lowers the standard of this board. It was nothing more than an attack on blacks/homosexuals to defend his militia folks by an angry miserable human being. I'm surprised this nonsense is allowed on here. Crap like this should go into the trash.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:49 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:22 am
Probably a more accurate label would be "losers". They aren't militia or domestic terrorists. They barely seem competent enough to tie their own shoes while living in the basement of a vacuum cleaner repair shop.

When did concerts start back up? I had no idea Skynyrd was touring!

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:02 pm

They’re editorializing the idea of “militias” and none of you seem to have a problem with the media redefining words.
No, they are not. Did you not see my previous post?

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:06 pm

No, they are not. Did you not see my previous post?
Of course LL did, but the troll had no answer so attacked a straw man instead.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:05 am

This group was not a militia.
They were not called up to supplement a regular army. They were not in opposition of a regular army. Most of these guys don’t look to be able-bodied.
Furthermore... they were also not well regulated so, while their right to bear arms is protected by the 2nd amendment, their right to form as a militia is not.
I’m alleging that the original poster of this topic only feels this way because she shares the same political views as these TERRORISTS.
I can’t prove it but that’s just my opinion.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:14 am

MWmetalhead wrote:

Here is the full text:
It's actually not really clear what they are saying. We'll have to see how this unfolds. If there were saying that they are only using the term to distinguish that these subset of folks are different from the general militia (or any militias) then I agree with your comment. If they begin to refer to any militia as "domestic terrorists" that would be completely different and you could read their tweet that way. I don't know if referring to this specific militia group would be appropriate either, as I have not seen any evidence that the group had a stated objective along these lines or that the majority of the group was involved or complicit in this kind of activity.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:36 am

The Wolverine Watchmen guys wanted to murder police, destroy infrastructure, and basically overthrow state government.

Just because they didn't have a chance to execute their demented plot (THANK GOD) does not mean they are not terrorists.

I do agree that the accused have the right to a fair trial. "Accused terrorists" or "alleged terrorists" are fitting terms to describe these hooligans.

And, yes, some BLM adherents are terrorists, too, although I wouldn't call smash & grab larceny "terrorism."
If there were saying that they are only using the term to distinguish that these subset of folks are different from the general militia (or any militias) then I agree with your comment.
The tweet announcing the terminology policy was in specific reference to those charged in the plot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic