Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Darryl Wood WLQV

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
fuzzpower

Darryl Wood WLQV

Post by fuzzpower » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:17 am

I don’t normally check out the religious stations, but I happened to stumble on former Michigan Lottery host Darryl Wood’s show on WLQV 1500. Does this guy ever get a phone call? He gives the number out every thirty seconds, almost Ron Cameron style, except Wood actually has topics to discuss instead of dead air and coughing.

The program itself was typical national conservative talk radio topics. Does he discuss anything local?

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Darryl Wood WLQV

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Very seldom does he have callers in queue; listenership to that station is negligible. Probably cumes 10,000 for the whole week.

I've never heard him go in depth on any local topic, but then again, I might listen for 15 minutes a month. Since working remotely, I've heard zero of his program.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Darryl Wood should be filling in for John McCullough on WDTK, as he did during John's previous medical leave. For the last 2 weeks, listeners have been treated to RERUNS of old McCullough shows...with the 2020 election looming. Instead of debate coverage, the McCullough Show last night featured the destruction of statues. Something must be wrong with John again, but if I were a sponsor of the show, I would not be paying for reruns of old, stale shows, during such a critical time. :x

As my old friend Michael Packer once said, "You can't rerun a current events talk show."

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:45 pm

Colonel Flagg wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:05 pm
Darryl Wood should be filling in for John McCullough on WDTK, as he did during John's previous medical leave. For the last 2 weeks, listeners have been treated to RERUNS of old McCullough shows...with the 2020 election looming. Instead of debate coverage, the McCullough Show last night featured the destruction of statues. Something must be wrong with John again, but if I were a sponsor of the show, I would not be paying for reruns of old, stale shows, during such a critical time. :x

As my old friend Michael Packer once said, "You can't rerun a current events talk show."
If a show is centered around current events, it should only air once.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:10 pm

The lottery guy has a radio show???

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:30 pm

I’ve been trying to find a good pm drive time show after work. Valenti and Rico fit the bill sometimes. I can’t do Guy Gordon (buddy, please give an opinion). Mitch is good. Hannity is good for a laugh. I caught myself catching Mr. Wood. Not a bad show. Some of his views are catered to the listeners (very extreme). It’s a good alternative. Not an everyday listen though.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:07 pm

windsorjoe wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:30 pm
I’ve been trying to find a good pm drive time show after work. Valenti and Rico fit the bill sometimes. I can’t do Guy Gordon (buddy, please give an opinion). Mitch is good. Hannity is good for a laugh. I caught myself catching Mr. Wood. Not a bad show. Some of his views are catered to the listeners (very extreme). It’s a good alternative. Not an everyday listen though.
When is Mr. Wood on? I receive 1500 pretty good, most of the time.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:11 pm

4-6 on am 1500 WLQV, then 6-7 on am 1400 WDTK

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic