Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Valenti & Rico...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Valenti & Rico...

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:54 pm

I like listening to him. Far better than "Wojodamus".

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:25 am

The Wojodamus gimmick was stupid, but I must admit, I occasionally chuckled during that silly bit.

Speaking of Wojo - he sure wrote a moronic column for the Detroit News today.

Headline: "If Matt Patricia can't fix the Lions' abysmal defense, he can't stay."

Wojo acts as if that question is still up for debate!!! What a jackass. I think we already have plenty of indisputable evidence that Patricia is a hack and the Lions' defense is hopeless under his leadership.

Wojo has had a tendency in recent years of being the last in line to call out the obvious or to take a firm stance.

GusBar

Post by GusBar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Just wondering everyone else's take on the Bo situation by Valenti and Rico lately

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:32 pm

GusBar wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:23 pm
Just wondering everyone else's take on the Bo situation by Valenti and Rico lately
Who cares? What was their take on msu covering up rapes in basketball and football?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:32 pm
GusBar wrote:
Who cares? What was their take on msu covering up rapes in basketball and football?
Remember when Michigan fans used to accuse MSU fans of allowing the U of M to live rent free in their heads? In the words of the great Michael Scott, "Well, well, well. How the turntables..."

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:04 am

Graham Wellington wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:55 pm
Matt wrote:
GusBar wrote:
Remember when Michigan fans used to accuse MSU fans of allowing the U of M to live rent free in their heads? In the words of the great Michael Scott, "Well, well, well. How the turntables..."
Not even close. Valenti and Rico are spartan trash (I know, redundant), so why should anyone care what they have to say about Michigan?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

BME

Post by BME » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:45 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:04 am
Graham Wellington wrote:
Matt wrote:
GusBar wrote:
Not even close. Valenti and Rico are spartan trash (I know, redundant), so why should anyone care what they have to say about Michigan?
Taking bets on which Michigan directional school Matt graduated from (assuming he attended college).

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:05 pm

BME wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:45 pm
Matt wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Matt wrote:
GusBar wrote:
Taking bets on which Michigan directional school Matt graduated from (assuming he attended college).
The inferiority complex from sparties is unparalleled.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:32 pm

I'm inclined to stick up for Matt on this one. There shouldn't be any "glee" in this just because it's your rival school. To have fun with people who got fucked with in the worst way isn't cool at all. It's not about the school or athletics after a certain point; it's about the people who were harmed and those who need to be held accountable in some form. Even if it's my team, if you fucked up, you gotta pay somehow. But to have a fire lit under your ass because the same thing that happened at your school now happened at another school you hate is just wrong.

I worry about the day something violent happens at Michigan, Valenti would crack a joke about someone at Michigan finally being able to make a shot. I like Valenti, but this was wrong of him.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

BME

Post by BME » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:20 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:32 pm
I'm inclined to stick up for Matt on this one. There shouldn't be any "glee" in this just because it's your rival school. To have fun with people who got fucked with in the worst way isn't cool at all. It's not about the school or athletics after a certain point; it's about the people who were harmed and those who need to be held accountable in some form. Even if it's my team, if you fucked up, you gotta pay somehow. But to have a fire lit under your ass because the same thing that happened at your school now happened at another school you hate is just wrong.

I worry about the day something violent happens at Michigan, Valenti would crack a joke about someone at Michigan finally being able to make a shot. I like Valenti, but this was wrong of him.
If this is the "same thing" that happened at MSU, then why isn't the media covering this as aggressively as it did Nassar? That's what has MSU folks angry, that and ESPN and its ilk linking Izzo and Dantonio to behavior they had nothing to do with.

BME

Post by BME » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:21 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:05 pm
BME wrote:
Matt wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Matt wrote:
GusBar wrote:
I missed your answer to my question.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:16 am

BME wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:21 am
Matt wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:05 pm
BME wrote:
Matt wrote:
Graham Wellington wrote:
Matt wrote:
GusBar wrote:
I missed your answer to my question.
It is not appropriate to call me a "Walmart Wolverine". I will say that both schools are good schools, as are all of the publics in the state.

sirrealone

Post by sirrealone » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:17 am

BME wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:20 am

If this is the "same thing" that happened at MSU, then why isn't the media covering this as aggressively as it did Nassar? That's what has MSU folks angry, that and ESPN and its ilk linking Izzo and Dantonio to behavior they had nothing to do with.
It has nothing to do with the school. Everyone in the Nassar case was alive when the scandal broke. People want arrests and news conferences and trials and lawyers pounding on podiums and everything else along with it. You can't get much of that when most of those who were accused of being involved or in the know are dead, thus less interest.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:07 am

GusBar wrote:
It's quite obvious they have a "dog in the fight" so their opinions come across as if they are enjoying every minute of this. Not one ounce of any objectivity since they both attended MSU and have expressed their anti U-M slant. I give Caputo credit, he attended MSU, covered Bo during his Tiger days and got to know him. Caputo comes across more objective and listening to all sides and not enjoying the turmoil U-M is experiencing.
If you're a MSU slappy you'll love those guys.

windsorjoe

Post by windsorjoe » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:38 pm

Jim Costa is filling in for Rico this week. The kid is doing a great job so far. Valenti seems to like working with him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic