Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Mob Attacks DIA

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Mob Attacks DIA

Post by Bobbert » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:06 pm

It's the DIA's turn to get attacked by a mob of "mostly peaceful protesters."

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 465644002/

It looks like the mob hired a free-lance reporter (Isabelle Bousquette) to write up their manifesto and sprinkle it with enough quotes from the DIA director to make a pretense of objectivity.

A little while later, the Detroit News picked up on the story. I'm sure the radio stations immediately started running with it, followed by the TV stations.

Soon to follow: Stories about how the DIA's artwork reflects centuries of white privilege and oppression. I'm sure that one of our enterprising reporters will find a way to stir that up. Thanks to the tri-county millage, all of the DIA's artwork can be considered public art, like statues...

Rate This

Re: Mob Attacks DIA

Post by Rate This » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:06 pm
It's the DIA's turn to get attacked by a mob of "mostly peaceful protesters."

https://www.freep.com/story/entertainme ... 465644002/

It looks like the mob hired a free-lance reporter (Isabelle Bousquette) to write up their manifesto and sprinkle it with enough quotes from the DIA director to make a pretense of objectivity.

A little while later, the Detroit News picked up on the story. I'm sure the radio stations immediately started running with it, followed by the TV stations.

Soon to follow: Stories about how the DIA's artwork reflects centuries of white privilege and oppression. I'm sure that one of our enterprising reporters will find a way to stir that up. Thanks to the tri-county millage, all of the DIA's artwork can be considered public art, like statues...
If they want change this is exactly the way it should be handled. It sounds like internal Politics boiling over to me. If a petition isn’t peaceful protest I don’t know what is.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:47 am

Is it fair to say someone will perceive something objectionable in everything?.

The little rich girl in the 57th picture Picasso painted looks like she may be giving the hired help a dirty look.
Immediately remove all Picasso art from public display.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 pm

Mob? Looks like the employees are fed up with the boss.
“The museum is like Dorian Gray: a beautiful veneer masking years of horrible treatment of the staff.”
No one is trying to remove art.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:16 am

SolidGoldDancers wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:33 pm
Mob? Looks like the employees are fed up with the boss.
“The museum is like Dorian Gray: a beautiful veneer masking years of horrible treatment of the staff.”
No one is trying to remove art.

Bull. The initial demand was too much white art, and more demands to follow.

I agree. Detroit is a chocolate city. They don't care for white art, their tastes are diverse. Sell everything off, give 2/3 of the money to the pastors and politicians families and use the rest for buying black art.

That way white art gets into the market for whites and blacks get a DIA they can be proud of and visit
Last edited by 696lover on Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 pm

San Francisco art museum director forced out for not being PC:

https://www.sfgate.com/news/editorspick ... 407657.php

deadend

Post by deadend » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:06 am

Another reason for me to stay out of the city.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic