Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RIP CometTV (A Rant)

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
scifi and horror

RIP CometTV (A Rant)

Post by scifi and horror » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:09 pm

It is so sad that Comet TV (and Charge) have gone so far downhill. The station use to play a ton of movies from the MGM library, on both weekend and weekdays. Each month they would change up the rotation of what movies were being played, I was DVRing a bunch of things. Even if I caught the tale end of something interesting, I could usually find another time that month it was being played and catch it again. Not everything was great, but there was always something interesting each month. Saw a bunch of movies I kind of remember seeing as a kid.

Now during the weekdays it is all blocks of a handful of TV; Babylon 5, 90's Outer Limits, Sliders, Quantum Leap, Battlestar Galactica, and Stargate. No more movies at all. On the weekend the infomercials play till noon they show Night Gallery and then just 5 movies on Saturday, all cheap straight to video movies from 2000 up. Sundays seem to be just a block of one of the shows they have on during the week.

Charge is pretty much the same way, all CHIPs, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, and Walker Texas Ranger. They still have the 8 movies starting at noon on Sunday, but the selection is pretty limited, and Sunday is nothing but a block of a show they do during the week.

It always seems that once a channel goes downhill with it content, it never recovers.

szmigiel

Re: RIP CometTV (A Rant)

Post by szmigiel » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:33 am

I agree, I use to struggle to get Comet TV in on 19.7 positioning my antenna just right to get a steady signal. Now I hardly watch much of Comet TV. I am a big Babylon 5 fan, but I have already watched it from start to finish 3 times since they started airing it. Looks like this is the last run through, but I wonder what will replace it. I hope it is not Andromeda again, I have my fingers crossed for Farscape. I am also not a fan of the 2 or 3 hour blocks for shows, they run through series to quickly that way. I think I actually prefer 1 episode each day.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:43 am

And what’s wrong with Knight Rider and Quantum Leap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scifi and horror

Post by scifi and horror » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:06 am

Comet TV use to be a great movie channel, now it is all TV reruns that completely run through all episodes in a month or month and a half, and that is all the content they have to show.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic