Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Changes probably coming soon at WPXD (ION).

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
YpsiGuy

Changes probably coming soon at WPXD (ION).

Post by YpsiGuy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:40 am

https://www.nexttv.com/news/scripps-beg ... v-stations

I would assume WPXD will do the same as an ION affiliate.

szmigiel

Re: Changes probably coming soon at WPXD (ION).

Post by szmigiel » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:10 am

Really won't miss any of the ION channels they are dropping. Grit will probably move to be a sub-channel, and they might shift a sub off WXYZ or WMYD. Time will tell.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:49 pm

"Ion Plus, Qubo and Shop Ion, which had been airing on multicast channels, effective Feb. 28."
Not sure I'm going to miss anything there. Was there anything watchable on Ion Plus?

"so it could stop paying stations to broadcast the Katz Network, which are Bounce, Court TV, Court TV Mystery, Grit and Laff."
Does that mean these ones will be dropped as well? I think I pick up GRIT from three different stations, but haven't found anything watchable on it, so no loss there. I think I have seen movies on Bounce and have caught a couple interesting shows on CourtTV and Mystery.

LAFF would be a big loss though.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:01 pm

Qubo served a great purpose once upon a time, but with PBS Kids now offering similar programming in crystal clear HD, it really is no longer needed.

Ion Plus is garbage; Shop Ion is nonstop infomercials. Neither will be missed.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:35 pm

km1125 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:49 pm
"Ion Plus, Qubo and Shop Ion, which had been airing on multicast channels, effective Feb. 28."
Not sure I'm going to miss anything there. Was there anything watchable on Ion Plus?

"so it could stop paying stations to broadcast the Katz Network, which are Bounce, Court TV, Court TV Mystery, Grit and Laff."
Does that mean these ones will be dropped as well? I think I pick up GRIT from three different stations, but haven't found anything watchable on it, so no loss there. I think I have seen movies on Bounce and have caught a couple interesting shows on CourtTV and Mystery.

LAFF would be a big loss though.
WXYZ is a Scripps station, so I am betting Bounce, Laff and CourtTV will probably move to WPXD so they can up the bitrate on the WXYZ and WMYD main channel ATSC 1.0 feeds.
GRIT will almost certainly switch from WADL to WPXD. Will be interesting to see if they move Mystery off from WJBK to WPXD.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:01 pm
Qubo served a great purpose once upon a time, but with PBS Kids now offering similar programming in crystal clear HD, it really is no longer needed.

Ion Plus is garbage; Shop Ion is nonstop infomercials. Neither will be missed.
I have constantly tried to get WGTE’s main channel, but it’s just too weak for me. It is truer to the raw PBS feed.
I can’t stand WTVS’s main channel. Too laden with “made for PBS” informercials. PBS World is a usable feed because it is mostly straight from PBS.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 am

I wonder if that PBSX feed is still around...I think WTVS had it on a subchannel before PBS Kids launched? Not sure there to be honest. That was much more palatable than what was on the main channel.

Also I think Ion is worthless; I can watch Criminal Minds 24/7 on Netflix if I really wanted to. Not sure how it's still around after all these years. Their subs won't be missed, either.

take this job and shove it

fuzzpower

Post by fuzzpower » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:43 pm

I forget WPXD still exists. It’s even more of an afterthought than WADL.

senpaisai

Post by senpaisai » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:40 pm

This has me on the fence. Here in Monroe, the only time I can picked up WPXD was when I lived on the 3rd floor with a West facing living room window. With me being on the 2nd floor with an East facing window, I'm lucky to pick on 3 stations with my indoor Yagi and WMYD was one of easiest for me. Thus, I'd lose the Katz programming once they're slogged off onto WPDX, but with Locast on my FireTV, that's not a total loss - especially if it allows Scripps to up the OTA bitrate on its flagships -- but Locast tends to only let you stream content in 15 minute or 30 minute increments and in less quality than OTA. Which is fine if you just want to catch up weather and traffic, but for national news or "The Price Is Right", forgettaboutit .... :cry:

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:14 pm

Qubo, Ion Plus, and Ion Shop will cease operations by the end of the month. Many of the stations that Scripps has kept, like WPXN NYC, have been replacing QVC with Laff.

I can say with almost absolute certainty that Grit's gonna leave WADL and get picked up on WPXD. Even though WPXD got sold to another company called Inyo. But Inyo has agreed to give Scripps networks priority, if I remember correctly. WADL 38.2 will probably be the new home for 910 AM.

One (or more) of 7's SD subs might get put on RF24 thru channel sharing, as ever since 20.1 got put on the RF25 TX, Laff and Bounce have taken a hit in quality.

Rumors are circulating that Nexstar is starting a sister net for Antenna TV that will air 80s shows. This will hopefully get put on WMYD 20.4, most likely being transmitted on RF24

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

windsor

Post by windsor » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:58 pm

Im hoping if WADL loses Grit they will get back GET tv from VHF low ch3.And bring GET back to a full power station in metro Detroit.

Hello WADL are you listening......

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

lush.rimbaugh

Post by lush.rimbaugh » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:11 pm

Surely Scripps will have to divest WPXD, so I can't see any of WXYZ or WMYD's programming will end up on WPXD. Wouldn't you be more likely to see ion turn up on 20.4?

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:20 pm

WPXD has already been divested to Inyo, and they have agreed to give Scripps channels priority

"Wanna watch some syndicated slop with very little budget or entertainment value? You got it buddy!"

-Byron "The Broadcast Butcher" Allen

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:58 pm

Splouge wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:14 pm
Qubo, Ion Plus, and Ion Shop will cease operations by the end of the month. Many of the stations that Scripps has kept, like WPXN NYC, have been replacing QVC with Laff.

I can say with almost absolute certainty that Grit's gonna leave WADL and get picked up on WPXD. Even though WPXD got sold to another company called Inyo. But Inyo has agreed to give Scripps networks priority, if I remember correctly. WADL 38.2 will probably be the new home for 910 AM.

One (or more) of 7's SD subs might get put on RF24 thru channel sharing, as ever since 20.1 got put on the RF25 TX, Laff and Bounce have taken a hit in quality.

Rumors are circulating that Nexstar is starting a sister net for Antenna TV that will air 80s shows. This will hopefully get put on WMYD 20.4, most likely being transmitted on RF24
I didn't know Nexstar is maybe going to create a sister station for Antenna TV I think if true it is a good idea. Antenna TV is on WXMI Fox17 in the West Michigan TV market since Fox17 was a Tribune TV station that had it from day 1 kinda surprised that Scripps & Nexstar never did a swap for one of the Katz TV networks which Nexstar has most of the Katz TV Diginets, although Nexstar got rid of GetTV last week for Dabl other than Court TV which Tribune signed Fox17 for even before Scripps bought the TV station in the Nexstar merger with Tribune.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 am

I just noticed that the AM radio station that was simulcast on 38.7 got pulled in favor of the Shopping Network. Too bad because I would actually listen to it. My reliable digital tuning radio quit working, so I don't have anything but a drifty analog near my bed.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic