Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo
Posts: 1045
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:16 am

Re: 97.1

Post by Momo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 am

I don’t know about pairing him up with Stoney, but I always liked Mark Wilson.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4511
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:41 pm

That wouldn't be a bad choice; they could certainly do a lot worse.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

MrTaterSalad
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:18 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by MrTaterSalad » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:45 pm

I'd like to see one of Herman Moore (former Lions WR), Sean Baligian, Jordan Strack from WTOL TV in Toledo, Tony Paul or Kyle Mienke from MLive get consideration for the shift. Matt Dery used to have Kyle Meinke on Detroit Sports 105.1 for Lions roundtables and I always thought Kyle sounded good on the air. Tony Paul also used to fill in at 105.1 and was a solid host when asked to fill in. Sean Baligian is an obvious choice and one who would fit well with Stoney from their days at WDFN.

My true top choice though is former Lions Wideout Herman Moore. Moore was a regular contributor on Matt Dery's 105.1 show and had a great voice and personality for radio. Everyone knows and loves Herm and he would add a much needed black host to the main rotation of 97.1.



Gertner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: 97.1

Post by Gertner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Do you think they'd bring someone back like Dennis Fithian (please god no).



Gertner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: 97.1

Post by Gertner » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:39 pm

MrTaterSalad wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:45 pm
I'd like to see one of Herman Moore (former Lions WR), Sean Baligian, Jordan Strack from WTOL TV in Toledo, Tony Paul or Kyle Mienke from MLive get consideration for the shift. Matt Dery used to have Kyle Meinke on Detroit Sports 105.1 for Lions roundtables and I always thought Kyle sounded good on the air. Tony Paul also used to fill in at 105.1 and was a solid host when asked to fill in. Sean Baligian is an obvious choice and one who would fit well with Stoney from their days at WDFN.

My true top choice though is former Lions Wideout Herman Moore. Moore was a regular contributor on Matt Dery's 105.1 show and had a great voice and personality for radio. Everyone knows and loves Herm and he would add a much needed black host to the main rotation of 97.1.
I've been a big Baligian fan for a long time. I would love that.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4511
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 pm

Do you think they'd bring someone back like Dennis Fithian (please god no).
Agreed. 80 percent of the audience would fall asleep if he did mornings. LOL

I thought Herman Moore stunk when he was on 105.1. Total apologist for the craptacular Lions organization! Shocking, right?

I am not familiar with Jordan Strack, I've never heard Kyle Mienke on the radio, and I thought Tony Paul did OK the couple times I heard him hosting a weekend shift on the long defunct 105.1.

Watch 97.1 hire a total schmuck like Tom Mazeway to fill the vacancy...


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

bennietheblade
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by bennietheblade » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:25 pm

Herman Moore would be a fantastic choice! The guy is intelligent with a great personality. I've never understood why he doesn't have a higher profile in the media. And I like the Baligian choice too. Although it seems like he can't get a sniff in at 97.1.



User avatar
RayQix
Posts: 201
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:15 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: 97.1

Post by RayQix » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Please God no 3G......

I couldn’t take it again.

He’s a db and proved it last time


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Image>>RayQix<<Image
Image
Image

Mega Hertz
Posts: 1176
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 97.1

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 pm

What About Wob!


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

selurzam
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by selurzam » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Maz isn't a schmuck.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 pm
Do you think they'd bring someone back like Dennis Fithian (please god no).
Agreed. 80 percent of the audience would fall asleep if he did mornings. LOL

I thought Herman Moore stunk when he was on 105.1. Total apologist for the craptacular Lions organization! Shocking, right?

I am not familiar with Jordan Strack, I've never heard Kyle Mienke on the radio, and I thought Tony Paul did OK the couple times I heard him hosting a weekend shift on the long defunct 105.1.

Watch 97.1 hire a total schmuck like Tom Mazeway to fill the vacancy...



MrTaterSalad
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:18 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by MrTaterSalad » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Matt Dery seems like another obvious choice given his connection to Stoney.



JLesinski
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by JLesinski » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 pm
What About Wob!
Where's your pwoof, Stoney!? :lol



User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 1585
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: 97.1

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:19 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:02 pm
What About Wob!
C'mon guys, go get Sporty cut.


Bi and proud!
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."-Winston Churchill
I don't respond to trolls.

sparty89
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by sparty89 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:02 pm

Momo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 am
I don’t know about pairing him up with Stoney, but I always liked Mark Wilson.
He and Parker were unlistenable.



Ohio_Quebecois
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by Ohio_Quebecois » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:17 pm

I know he’s got a short shelf life (if you know why, I’d love to hear) but Damon Perry is still around. That guy entertained the hell out of me and I think he and Stoney could be good together.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic