Registrations in the queue through August 2 at 8:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

97.1

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
non-anon bob
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: South Lyon

Re: 97.1

Post by non-anon bob » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 am

If Entercom's 97.1 is in the midst of major job cuts, WHY is this position still posted on the national careers board? https://entercom.avature.net/careers/Jo ... host/15346


...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 754
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: 97.1

Post by craig11152 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:42 pm

non-anon bob wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 am
If Entercom's 97.1 is in the midst of major job cuts, WHY is this position still posted on the national careers board? https://entercom.avature.net/careers/Jo ... host/15346
Maybe so they can fire a guy making 10 apples and replace him with a guy for 5 apples?


I no longer directly engage trolls

non-anon bob
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: South Lyon

Re: 97.1

Post by non-anon bob » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:15 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:42 pm
non-anon bob wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:54 am
If Entercom's 97.1 is in the midst of major job cuts, WHY is this position still posted on the national careers board? https://entercom.avature.net/careers/Jo ... host/15346
Maybe so they can fire a guy making 10 apples and replace him with a guy for 5 apples?
LOL...or maybe they can make "applesauce" out of the 1st guy? :razz


...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

SixPlusOne
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am

Re: 97.1

Post by SixPlusOne » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 pm

wtfdetroit wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:28 pm
The schedule also said Pat Caputo would be on today and he wasn't.
Well its Tuesday, July 7th and its 7:27 PM and I"m listening to Pat Caputo on 97.1 The Ticket.



riggs
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:04 am

Re: 97.1

Post by riggs » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 am

You do know that the website probably doesn't get adjusted if someone is off for one shift.


Sidney sit down, relax, have a sandwich, drink a glass of milk, do some fucking thing

SixPlusOne
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am

Re: 97.1

Post by SixPlusOne » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:06 pm

riggs wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:03 am
You do know that the website probably doesn't get adjusted if someone is off for one shift.
That and if some on-air talent is let go.



Mr.Transistor
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: 97.1

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:43 pm

So why would 1270 bring Simonson's show to Detroit this week and on a permanent basis going forward? It doesn't make sense to me to have him compete against 97.1 unless there is something going on.............................. Personally, I would rather listen to Simonson than Valenti and his rants. I welcome this change.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 pm

You do realize 1270 gets a 0.1 share, right?

NOTHING on 1270 is even remotely close to being competion for 97.1.

My guess is his syndicator - the same outfit who syndicates Sean Baligian's morning show - is purchasing the airtime.

This will make as much ratings impact as 3G's short lived comeback on 1130 - i.e. ZERO.

The top 3 or 4 FM stations in Kalamazoo reach more people over the course of a week than 1270, 1130, 910, etc. These stations typically reach fewer than 30,000 unique listeners over the course of a full week.


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

Mr.Transistor
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: 97.1

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:25 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 pm
You do realize 1270 gets a 0.1 share, right?

NOTHING on 1270 is even remotely close to being competion for 97.1.

My guess is his syndicator - the same outfit who syndicates Sean Baligian's morning show - is purchasing the airtime.

This will make as much impact as 3G's short lived comeback on 1130 - i.e. ZERO.
Yeah I get it that 1270 is barely a pimple on a pigs ass. It just seems weird that 97.1 are having difficulties talking sports 24/7 and especially during a pandemic, then Bill comes into the market to talk sports. I'd much rather listen to Simonson and I would think there are other out there as well. Oh well, just seems kind of silly. Thanks MW



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:28 pm

Ironically, his national CBS Radio show on Saturday late nights, which apparently was discontinued recently, did air on 97.1.


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 pm

1130 simulcasted the afternoon show from 96.1 in G.R. for several years until a couple weeks ago. No one cared.

It will be (sorta) interesting to see if the Baligian morning show pops up on 1270.


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

Mr.Transistor
Posts: 581
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: 97.1

Post by Mr.Transistor » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:44 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 pm
1130 simulcasted the afternoon show from 96.1 in G.R. for several years until a couple weeks ago. No one cared.

It will be (sorta) interesting to see if the Baligian morning show pops up on 1270.
I remember them doing it in the afternoons, then I thought they delayed it and played starting at 6pm. Perhaps I'm wrong. I tried to listen to Sean's show for a few days when Shep left but just couldn't. Very nice guy buy his show was not the best.



wtfdetroit
Posts: 416
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by wtfdetroit » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:00 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:15 pm
You do realize 1270 gets a 0.1 share, right?

NOTHING on 1270 is even remotely close to being competion for 97.1.

My guess is his syndicator - the same outfit who syndicates Sean Baligian's morning show - is purchasing the airtime.

This will make as much ratings impact as 3G's short lived comeback on 1130 - i.e. ZERO.

The top 3 or 4 FM stations in Kalamazoo reach more people over the course of a week than 1270, 1130, 910, etc. These stations typically reach fewer than 30,000 unique listeners over the course of a full week.
I remember reading a tweet from Sean back in the Spring that they cancelled his morning show.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4071
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: 97.1

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:10 pm

I wonder who handles the morning shift on that network these days?


Caroline Beasley is ruining WRIF. What a bitch!!!

rizzman87
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:14 pm

Re: 97.1

Post by rizzman87 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:13 am

MW Sean was let go in April I believe and Shep has been doing it although I believe he's on vacation this week. The question I have is who will do it now that baseball season is back.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic