Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fake news WXYZ

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 7620

Fake news WXYZ

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:11 pm

Circle seven dropped the ball, yet again. During the 7pm newscast tonight, the reporter said there was a shooting at i-75 and Outer Drive, and said it was SW Detroit. Yet, it’s actually in Lincoln Park. The titles even said it was in Lincoln Park. Yet, this foolish field reporter said SW Detroit again to close his story, Either it was miscommunication or it was deliberate, but WXYZ dropped the ball, yet again. My goodness.

Whatever happened to the magnificent ‘seven’??? Just pathetic, Channel 7. Yet another fake news report by a mediocre tv station.

Rate This

Re: Fake news WXYZ

Post by Rate This » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:28 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:11 pm
Circle seven dropped the ball, yet again. During the 7pm newscast tonight, the reporter said there was a shooting at i-75 and Outer Drive, and said it was SW Detroit. Yet, it’s actually in Lincoln Park. The titles even said it was in Lincoln Park. Yet, this foolish field reporter said SW Detroit again to close his story, Either it was miscommunication or it was deliberate, but WXYZ dropped the ball, yet again. My goodness.

Whatever happened to the magnificent ‘seven’??? Just pathetic, Channel 7. Yet another fake news report by a mediocre tv station.
Sounds like a stupid mistake... I wouldn’t call it fake news...

Editorcj

Post by Editorcj » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 pm

The Detroit-Lincoln Park border is Outer drive. Depending wear you stand on that block you could be in Detroit or Lincoln Park according to a GPS. If you think this Nitpick is worth a thread your life must be pretty good.
Last edited by Editorcj on Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Editorcj wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 pm
The Detroit-Lincoln Park boarder is Outer drive. Depending wear you stand on that block you could be in Detroit or Lincoln Park according to a GPS. If you think this Nitpick is worth a thread your life must be pretty good.
My life is great, sir. I usually don’t nitpick at all, but this was just annoying. I know it’s the border between Detroit and Lincoln Park. The station needs to have better communication between its journalists and whoever runs the graphics.

F-Squared

Post by F-Squared » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:47 pm

Eh this does sound like a small mistake. I think calling it fake news is an exaggeration.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:

CircleWXYZ is this really thread worthy? First off it’s not fake news. Second who gives a shit if Lincoln Park is or is not SW Detroit. Just to let you know the quarantine has been lifted for a while, time for you to get outside and get some air. Do something go for a walk, plant a garden hell go for a drive but stop worrying about where Lincoln Park is. GET A LIFE .

Deleted User 7620

Post by Deleted User 7620 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am

Lucky615 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 am
CircleWXYZ wrote:

CircleWXYZ is this really thread worthy? First off it’s not fake news. Second who gives a shit if Lincoln Park is or is not SW Detroit. Just to let you know the quarantine has been lifted for a while, time for you to get outside and get some air. Do something go for a walk, plant a garden hell go for a drive but stop worrying about where Lincoln Park is. GET A LIFE .

I get out plenty and I do have a life. I am a leader btw. It’s thread worthy because the station obviously made an error. For a major market TV station, that’s just bad. It’s called freedom of speech and I’m exercising mine.

I just like how internet wokeism has caused many to make assumptions about someone they don’t even know. This is what happens when one speaks the truth. Others who don’t like it and are in their feelings often resort to petty and childish attacks.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:11 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am
Lucky615 wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

I get out plenty and I do have a life. I am a leader btw. It’s thread worthy because the station obviously made an error. For a major market TV station, that’s just bad. It’s called freedom of speech and I’m exercising mine.

I just like how internet wokeism has caused many to make assumptions about someone they don’t even know. This is what happens when one speaks the truth. Others who don’t like it and are in their feelings often resort to petty and childish attacks.
Actually you aren’t using your freedom of speech. That’s only between you and the government. MW could wake up one day and decide the herd needs to be thinned, ban you and have you find out the next time you try to come on here and there isn’t a damn thing you could do about it. If the government isn’t trying to stop your speech then free speech has nothing to do with it. Sorry pet peeve but people don’t seem to understand that.

Deleted User 15342

Re: Fake news from CircleWXYZ

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:54 am

CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:41 am
Lucky615 wrote:
CircleWXYZ wrote:

“I am a leader btw” leader of what? Posting senseless and just stupid topics and wasting threads on garbage creating more spam. Yes indeed you’re a leader.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:57 am

A careless mistake on XYZ part. Nothing to get one's panties in a bunch but if you see the need to make a big deal go right ahead.

Vee TeeVee

Post by Vee TeeVee » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:44 pm

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me either.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:30 pm

CircleWXYZ likes to post fake news. He must be working for the mainstream media. I believe MSLSD is looking for reporters, could be a good job for CircleWXYZ.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:32 pm

CircleWXYZ wrote:

:rollin

The Constant Browser

Post by The Constant Browser » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:17 pm

Call the Assignment Editor (248)827-9407 and vent. He/She will know, or can find out, who reported, produced and wrote the story. Have a nice day.

696lover

Post by 696lover » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:04 am

7 has been on a tear the last few months. One sided over pumping every story of a Black person getting insulted somehow they can find, from the far suburb chief saying something they don't like to getting a gay mayor fired during Pride Month, to forcing the popcorn company owner to sell to one of the advertisers to avoid getting his store burned.

Pimping Gretchen every chance they get. Covering for her over the nursing home deaths, and covering up the nursing home beating video where the Gretchen Covid criminal was put in with the old people and beat the old woman for not sucking his 'black dick' (they did show a few seconds of the white old man getting beat for laying there wrong). But the internet found the criminal, the news team couldn't even handle that.

And the talent quality continues to go down hill. Smith just tried to do traffic and he was worse at it than I would be. They fired Prakash and LaFlamme, both highly skilled anchors, for telling the truth in formal lawsuit discovery about the anchor getting promoted for sexual harassment and metooing an intern in the station parking lot. The new traffic girl, Hoaxie, is pretty good at it but is substantially worse than the last two they fired from the spot.

The "investigative team" does rip and read propaganda from Gretchen's campaign and the NAACP, meanwhile the only real investigations this year have come as spin offs from the weekend events reporter Wilson and the general assignment reporter Russell.

I have no idea why the Russian state propaganda channel girl they hired is so bad at anchoring here, but she is. I am noticing we get better quality local breaking news on twitter from the local far left activists who actually care about news than the 'professional journalist team'.

I know you guys said one of the new guys, Cunningham, was good in Grand Rapids. Well, he isn't good here. The other new guy, Harper, looks and sounds like a high school morning announcements segment student reporter trying to sound professional and not quite making it.

At least the two new weather guys are pretty good. And Schanz does a good job with reporting and reading stories from the field and I was impressed with her anchoring this weekend. So a few decent new hires.

I did try watching 2, and that is a mess in the mornings, too. Guess I will give 4 a try.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic