Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 440
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by windsor » Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Came across a new channel on WDWO 18.2 called NBC LX a channel geared toward Gen Z and Millenials.

Nice to see WDWO with a great signal in metro Detroit making a move to add channels now that the repack is over.

Maybe GET TV will be in touch with WDWO about relocating to a channel with great signal coverage on UHF in Metro Detroit instead of half ASSED coverage on low vhf losing thousands of viewers.


WLLZ needs to bring Sreaming Scott to Morning's on 106.7

User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by rugratsonline » Thu May 21, 2020 5:55 pm

I imagine WDIV was given right to first refusal for the subchannel -- and exercised it.



F-Squared
Posts: 199
Joined: Mon May 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by F-Squared » Thu May 21, 2020 7:32 pm

This sounds interesting but my reception of WDWO isn't that great so I don't think I'll be able to get this even if I tried. It doesn't sound like a great network anyway but I was interested in just glancing at it. Oh well.



User avatar
proxima3
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by proxima3 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 pm

Any idea what is on 18.6? All I've seen is Petticoat Junction and the Beverly Hillbillies.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4371
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri May 22, 2020 6:33 am

I'm not sure if 18.6 even has a name. Might just be a collection of programming rights purchased by the TV station. Right now, The Lucy Show is on. No commercials, no ID, etc. aired between the 6a and 6:30a episodes.

So far, based on what I've seen and what you've seen, the theme seems to be classic sitcoms.

I can see why WDIV passed on carrying NBC LX, which I guess is some sort of douchey shorthand for "local" (as in local involvement). Super boring programming!!!


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

Splouge
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Location: Melvindale

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by Splouge » Fri May 22, 2020 9:54 am

The shows they air on DT6 are public domain.



User avatar
RingtailedFox
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:11 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Contact:

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by RingtailedFox » Sat May 23, 2020 12:37 pm

I just find it a bit confusing that NBC saw Sinclair Broadcast Group's "TBD" digital subnetwork and thought "I want a piece of that pie!"... most people in my generation (millennials) and younger aren't that interested in watching television these days :P


~ The Legendary Raccoon-Fox has spoken!

IIN4MU
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Tigertown, baby!

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by IIN4MU » Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm

RingtailedFox wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:37 pm
I just find it a bit confusing that NBC saw Sinclair Broadcast Group's "TBD" digital subnetwork and thought "I want a piece of that pie!"... most people in my generation (millennials) and younger aren't that interested in watching television these days :P
Ring, the content is of interest to younger, urban/suburban, and - dare I say - hipper audiences with stories on climate change, food, etc., for over-the-air and streaming audiences. You don't have to sit in the La-Z-Boy every night and watch black-and-white shows from Mayberry like the old farts do. :lol



paul8539
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:20 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by paul8539 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:53 pm

I am up here in Shelby Township. I can not get 18 here.



User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by rugratsonline » Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 pm

IIN4MU wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 1:55 pm
You don't have to sit in the La-Z-Boy every night and watch black-and-white shows from Mayberry like the old farts do. :lol
I find the old shows from "the good old days" more interesting than much of the claptrap on TV today.



IIN4MU
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Tigertown, baby!

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by IIN4MU » Sun May 24, 2020 7:16 am

Rug, I won't disagree with you on that.



User avatar
proxima3
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by proxima3 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:02 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:33 am
I'm not sure if 18.6 even has a name. Might just be a collection of programming rights purchased by the TV station. Right now, The Lucy Show is on. No commercials, no ID, etc. aired between the 6a and 6:30a episodes.

So far, based on what I've seen and what you've seen, the theme seems to be classic sitcoms.

I can see why WDIV passed on carrying NBC LX, which I guess is some sort of douchey shorthand for "local" (as in local involvement). Super boring programming!!!
The same programming is also on 19.4.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Hearing rumors that WMNT-CD may not renew a contract with 48.2, Antenna TV. Stupid move, in my opinion. May this be on 48.2 Toledo? They already are "friends" with Cozi, which is owned by NBC already.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by rugratsonline » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:42 pm

TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Hearing rumors that WMNT-CD may not renew a contract with 48.2, Antenna TV. Stupid move, in my opinion.
Considering that Antenna TV is now editing shows to fit more mostly-PI commercials in, as well a forcing the closing credits to share the same screen with the next show's open, it's probably a good thing.



User avatar
TeddyBear
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Re: NBC LX Launches in Detroit

Post by TeddyBear » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:49 am

rugratsonline wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:42 pm
TeddyBear wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Hearing rumors that WMNT-CD may not renew a contract with 48.2, Antenna TV. Stupid move, in my opinion.
Considering that Antenna TV is now editing shows to fit more mostly-PI commercials in, as well a forcing the closing credits to share the same screen with the next show's open, it's probably a good thing.
I notice other networks doing similar. It's like the bug. Nobody thought an ABC bug in the corner was doing any good. But it was. I remember people kvetching about not watching ABC, yet they either did not stop, or went back to watching ABC. All CBS cables do not show closing credits. I do not agree. Johnny Carson alone... that's a powerhouse show. Get rid of it, would be like getting rid of Toby Keith, Michael Jackson, Elvis and a few more, music-wise.


Something to think about- Just because I point out that you cannot do your job properly and appropriately, does not mean that anyone is calling you a bad person. However, you tell the world that you are a bad person by denying that you cannot do your job.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic