Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Gretchen the Media Queen

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
km1125

Re: Gretchen the Media Queen

Post by km1125 » Wed May 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Did anybody watch the Gretchen show yesterday?? Did you notice how she was playing with her mask after she took it off the whole time she was talking? I thought you were supposed to wash your hands anytime you touched the mask?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 13, 2020 5:35 pm

radiodoc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:45 pm
radiodoc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:02 pm
SixPlusOne wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:34 pm
Duh, Ms. Whitmer. Does she ever say anything intelligent???
Maybe you'll like this even more:

Courtesy: WXYZ-TV

Michigan Will Furlough Nearly 2/3 Of State Employees To Save $80M

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/m ... 1588629371

This shutdown is going to come back and bite her in the ass come reelection time plus are her roads being fixed?
It hasn't dawned on her yet that she is losing state tax revenue the longer she keeps you locked up.
Re-election is in 2022... if the Republicans in Congress get off their lazy asses and get working with the democrats on the aid for states and municipalities that will mitigate much of that.

Oh yes... it’s all republicans fault. Another uneducated liberal. 3 more trillion dollars which benefits, illegals, blue states, and the Hollywood elite. Go fuck yourself
Red states would also benefit. The post office is on deaths door and Ruby red rural area depend on it. This idea that it’s all for blue states is bullshit. A lot of things people depend on are about to sink and all you can say is “let them die” when in reality such action will turn a recession into a depression whether you like that fact or not.
Wrong. The Pelosi bill bails out rich people in blue states, illegal immigrants, lobbyists and the POT industry while explicitly rejecting choice to cover Americans payroll. You should actually try reading it.
Step away from conservative media... you sound like Sean Hannity’s parrot...

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:35 pm
radiodoc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 3:47 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:45 pm
radiodoc wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:25 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 1:02 pm
SixPlusOne wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 pm
CircleWXYZ wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:34 pm
Duh, Ms. Whitmer. Does she ever say anything intelligent???
Maybe you'll like this even more:

Courtesy: WXYZ-TV

Michigan Will Furlough Nearly 2/3 Of State Employees To Save $80M

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/m ... 1588629371

This shutdown is going to come back and bite her in the ass come reelection time plus are her roads being fixed?
It hasn't dawned on her yet that she is losing state tax revenue the longer she keeps you locked up.
Re-election is in 2022... if the Republicans in Congress get off their lazy asses and get working with the democrats on the aid for states and municipalities that will mitigate much of that.

Oh yes... it’s all republicans fault. Another uneducated liberal. 3 more trillion dollars which benefits, illegals, blue states, and the Hollywood elite. Go fuck yourself
Red states would also benefit. The post office is on deaths door and Ruby red rural area depend on it. This idea that it’s all for blue states is bullshit. A lot of things people depend on are about to sink and all you can say is “let them die” when in reality such action will turn a recession into a depression whether you like that fact or not.
Wrong. The Pelosi bill bails out rich people in blue states, illegal immigrants, lobbyists and the POT industry while explicitly rejecting choice to cover Americans payroll. You should actually try reading it.
Step away from conservative media... you sound like Sean Hannity’s parrot...
And you’re Rachel Maddow’s.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 13, 2020 6:55 pm

Haven’t seen her show since 2009 or so. I have seen Hannity’s lately however... what you are saying is verbatim.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:14 am

Rate This wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 6:55 pm
Haven’t seen her show since 2009 or so. I have seen Hannity’s lately however... what you are saying is verbatim.

I’m sure you haven’t. And I’m sure you watch Hannity... lol. I don’t watch Hannity or MSNBC or CNN. But why would it matter if I did? If he’s saying what I said, he’s exactly right. I’m so sick of people like you thinking it’s ok to label individuals (actually large groups of people) because they believe a certain way. What the fuck is wrong with Sean Hannity or the people who watch his show? Or for that matter Chris Cuomo.

You think by associating my comments to Sean Hannity’s talking points relegates me to hall of stupidity. It doesn’t. Millions of Americans watch his show because they agree with him. Not because they are mindless vessels. But, of course, you know better. Because you are an enlightened, intellectual, entitled academe. Or so you think.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 14, 2020 9:21 am

radiodoc wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:14 am
Rate This wrote:

I’m sure you haven’t. And I’m sure you watch Hannity... lol. I don’t watch Hannity or MSNBC or CNN. But why would it matter if I did? If he’s saying what I said, he’s exactly right. I’m so sick of people like you thinking it’s ok to label individuals (actually large groups of people) because they believe a certain way. What the fuck is wrong with Sean Hannity or the people who watch his show? Or for that matter Chris Cuomo.

You think by associating my comments to Sean Hannity’s talking points relegates me to hall of stupidity. It doesn’t. Millions of Americans watch his show because they agree with him. Not because they are mindless vessels. But, of course, you know better. Because you are an enlightened, intellectual, entitled academe. Or so you think.
I haven’t implied any of that last bit. I used Hannity as an example but clearly you got the idea about the money from somewhere...

As for me... you should work on the disdainful attitude... I’m a conservative Democrat... that means just ever so slightly left of center. I also have a strong Libertarian streak. I also realize that the Economic and social consequences of not helping states, cities and other municipalities as well as the arts and the post office will greatly outweigh what is spent on this bill...

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:35 am

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:21 am
radiodoc wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:14 am
Rate This wrote:

I haven’t implied any of that last bit. I used Hannity as an example but clearly you got the idea about the money from somewhere...

As for me... you should work on the disdainful attitude... I’m a conservative Democrat... that means just ever so slightly left of center. I also have a strong Libertarian streak. I also realize that the Economic and social consequences of not helping states, cities and other municipalities as well as the arts and the post office will greatly outweigh what is spent on this bill...

Oh right. I got the idea from somewhere... Gee that’s, rich.
I’m sure you’re a conservative Democrat. There is no such thing. The fact that you mentioned the “arts” on your list of importance in terms of a rescue package says a great deal about you.

3 million people have filed for unemployment, the first aid package was nearly 3 trillion dollars and the proposed new bill is ANOTHER 3 trillion dollars. Who do you think is going to pay for that? Your answer is, I’m sure, “big corporations get big tax breaks and they should be paying for it because they make so much money on the backs of their employees.” Right? Yes, of course, I’m right. But, you see, that won’t happen.
The American tax payer will foot the bill.
Our taxes will go up significantly. But, you don’t care. You’re probably (or you’re married to) a public sector employee who’s getting paid while not really having to work. Otherwise, you’d be concerned about the millions of people who have been FORCED to not work because of a tyrannical stay at home order that doesn’t rely on actual science or data. It’s simply a power grab.
And no matter where I got the information about the proposed bill does not matter. It’s STILL TRUE. This bill benefits illegal immigrants, lobbyists, rich people in blue states and the pot industry more than it does unemployed or employed, middle class American workers. Facts are facts and you’re not entitled to make up your own.

jsf

Post by jsf » Thu May 14, 2020 12:50 pm

Now she say's that the protesting will make the stay home order longer, what a Dictator.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 14, 2020 2:06 pm

jsf wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 12:50 pm
Now she say's that the protesting will make the stay home order longer, what a Dictator.
That’s WAYYY over reaching there...

SixPlusOne

Post by SixPlusOne » Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:06 pm
jsf wrote:
That’s WAYYY over reaching there...
Courtesy: Detroit Free Press

Gov. Whitmer: Protesters 'make it likelier' Michigan Will Continue Stay Home Order

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 183344002/

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:33 pm

She is a stage 4 bigot.

She finds one swastika or confederate flag in the thousands of folks who are voicing their displeasure at her draconian actions that are destroying the economy of the state and she paints the whole movement with the same brush.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Thu May 14, 2020 5:00 pm

jsf wrote:
Thought it was based on 'science and data' :lol
Sure sounds like vindictive politics to me.

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 am

armchair pd wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 5:00 pm
jsf wrote:
I thought similarly when I read that story. It just goes to prove that narcissism goes beyond partisan politics.

Also: What the hell was her appearance on "The View" supposed to accomplish? Just to get national exposure with a panel that will automatically agree with every syllable she utters, without any form of challenge or at least appearance of being impartial? "Journalism." It's dead.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 15, 2020 12:30 am

DAC wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 am
armchair pd wrote:
jsf wrote:
I thought similarly when I read that story. It just goes to prove that narcissism goes beyond partisan politics.

Also: What the hell was her appearance on "The View" supposed to accomplish? Just to get national exposure with a panel that will automatically agree with every syllable she utters, without any form of challenge or at least appearance of being impartial? "Journalism." It's dead.
Journalism requires journalists not cackling hens...

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:30 am
DAC wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 am
armchair pd wrote:
jsf wrote:

Journalism requires journalists not cackling hens...
Excellent point, and it even further diminishes her purpose of appearing there, other than to further her own agenda.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic