Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MORE "EXIT"COM indefinite Layoffs

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
non-anon bob

MORE "EXIT"COM indefinite Layoffs

Post by non-anon bob » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:03 pm

EXITCOM has quietly laid-off a bunch of local part-time air talent too. Among them are Boogie Brian and Pam Rossi from WOMC, and Renee Vitale from WDZH, The Breeze. There may be more that I haven't heard about. Whichever Detroit cluster (Entercom, iHeart, Beasley, or Cumulus) that lays off the most air talent this year, will be BOYCOTTED by me, my family, and dozens of my friends before 2021 arrives. Please join us in this endeavor! :horns
Last edited by non-anon bob on Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...and NOW, Ladies & Gentlemen...The Next Poster!
...CKLW, the Motor City...

Rate This

Re: MORE "EXIT"COM indefinite Layoffs

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:36 pm

non-anon bob wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:03 pm
EXITCOM has quietly laid-off a bunch of local part-time air talent too. Among them are Boogie Brian and Pam Rossi from WOMC, and Renee Vitale from WDZH, The Breeze. There may be more that I haven't heard about. Whichever Detroit cluster (Entercom, iHeart, Beasley, and Cumulus) that lays off the most air talent this year, will be BOYCOTTED by me, my family, and dozens of my friends before 2021 arrives. Please join us in this endeavor! :horns
Yikes...

RadioRat

Post by RadioRat » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm

When does somebody point out the obvious on-air that if businesses aren't allowed to reopen the industry will die. Same with TV. Isn't there any survival instinct?

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 pm

Pam Rossi is laid off, but we get Aricka McCauley for middays...seriously?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:18 am

BKRPDM wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:37 pm
Who? She must be cheap...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 am

BKRPDM wrote:
How does she sound?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:02 am

Is OMC on autopilot from 10-12 and 2-3 now?

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:47 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:14 am
BKRPDM wrote:
How does she sound?
Sounds ok, but pales in comparison to Pam, IMO

armchair pd

Post by armchair pd » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:47 am

RadioRat wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm
When does somebody point out the obvious on-air that if businesses aren't allowed to reopen the industry will die. Same with TV. Isn't there any survival instinct?
Nailed it

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:52 pm

Just put it on auto pilot at this point.

Colonel Flagg

Post by Colonel Flagg » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:48 pm

The Entercom story will have an ending similar to the Citadel story. Sell your stock while you can.

"Pretty soon, every kid in America will wish he were me"

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 pm

Nah. Speculators will run the stock price up a little bit first. I bought in at a $1.02 a couple weeks ago. It's now up to a $1.23. I think it could get close to - or even cross - a $1.50.

David Field in undignified fashion publicly lambasted CBS Radio's former management for what he alleged to be inadequate research and complacency. Yet, all Mr. Field has done since the CBS merger is:
- Run Star 94 in Atlanta into the ground;
- Run multiple Country stations in the ground (incumbent Entercom country outlet 100.7 The Wolf in Seattle is even seeing some softness in ratings);
- Allow legendary WAAF to wither & die under his watch;
- Flip a handful of low rated CHR/Pop stations to equally low rated Alternative stations;
- Allow the ratings of 97.1 Amp Radio in Los Angeles and 103.3 Amp Radio in Boston to fall to unthinkably low levels;
- Allow the ratings of 101.9 FM / 660 AM WFAN in New York to fall to unthinkably low levels;
- Botch a station rollout in San Diego.
- Allow 98.9 The Rock and 96.5 The Buzz in Kansas City to fall to all-time record low ratings.
- Allow his company's digital assets to fall victim to hacker attack not once, but at least twice (!!!) within a roughly six month period. Numerous playlists had to be recreated from scratch.

Entercom used to be a reasonably well run radio company, probably one of the more highly regarded the companies in the industry.

With the CBS merger, Mr. Field bit off much more than he could chew. He put too much leverage on the balance sheet. A sucker is born every minute.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 am

Entercom is going to become ifart soon.
No live air staff, automated everything.
But it was unfortunately to be expected during this collapse.

Boogie Brian, Pam, and Renee were all absolutely amazing.
This is pretty hard hitting. :/
I hope they get hired somewhere local, and soon. I feel bad. And whoever gets them will be quite lucky.

Music is my life.

innate-in-you

Post by innate-in-you » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:40 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 pm
Nah. Speculators will run the stock price up a little bit first. I bought in at a $1.02 a couple weeks ago. It's now up to a $1.23. I think it could get close to - or even cross - a $1.50.

David Field in undignified fashion publicly lambasted CBS Radio's former management for what he alleged to be inadequate research and complacency. Yet, all Mr. Field has done since the CBS merger is:
- Run Star 94 in Atlanta into the ground;
- Run multiple Country stations in the ground (incumbent Entercom country outlet 100.7 The Wolf in Seattle is even seeing some softness in ratings);
- Allow legendary WAAF to wither & die under his watch;
- Flip a handful of low rated CHR/Pop stations to equally low rated Alternative stations;
- Allow the ratings of 97.1 Amp Radio in Los Angeles and 103.3 Amp Radio in Boston to fall to unthinkably low levels;
- Allow the ratings of 101.9 FM / 660 AM WFAN in New York to fall to unthinkably low levels;
- Botch a station rollout in San Diego.
- Allow 98.9 The Rock and 96.5 The Buzz in Kansas City to fall to all-time record low ratings.
- Allow his company's digital assets to fall victim to hacker attack not once, but at least twice (!!!) within a roughly six month period. Numerous playlists had to be recreated from scratch.

Entercom used to be a reasonably well run radio company, probably one of the more highly regarded the companies in the industry.

With the CBS merger, Mr. Field bit off much more than he could chew. He put too much leverage on the balance sheet. A sucker is born every minute.
Can't agree with you vis-a-vis WFAN. They're a sports station - suddenly thrown into a world without any sports!

No sports=no spots.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:34 pm

WFAN's ratings tumbled long before all live sports were put on hiatus. Look at the surveys from late 2019 and Q1 2020.

They've had trouble recovering from the incarceration of their longtime morning show lead.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic