Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Latest Numbers For Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Ben Zonia

Latest Numbers For Detroit

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

RadioRat

Re: Latest Numbers For Detroit

Post by RadioRat » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:24 pm

Expect music stations to get blown up in April's numbers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:42 pm

The at-work stations (WNIC, WOMC, WDVD, WDZH) will continue to feel the sting of so many people working from home (or not working period).

I must say - 97.1 The Ticket outperformed my expectations. I expected them to take a significant hit. I was wrong.

WCSX continues to eat WLLZ for lunch.

WWJ, similar to other all-news stations across the country, saw big gains.

105.9 Kiss is finally seeing some positive ratings movement. Also noteworthy - 93.1's gains. Sure, that 2.6 share is very much in line with their long-term average, but its much improved from the result of four weeks ago. This also marks the first survey period since the rebrand.

WYCD continues to sound both terrible and desperate. If 93.1's momentum continues, we might have an interesting country battle on our hands.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:27 am

I know this is 6+, but my God...Hot 107-5 is losing to THREE public radio outlets?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

option1

Post by option1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm

The PPM’s are hearing crickets right now.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:13 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:42 pm

I must say - 97.1 The Ticket outperformed my expectations. I expected them to take a significant hit. I was wrong.
I listened to 97.1 today to try to figure this out.

The upcoming NFL draft. It's an endless source of speculation, which fuels a lot of sports talk.

It's still preseason for the Tigers, leading to more speculation-fueled sports talk.

With replays of classic games on radio, TV, and YouTube, there's probably more Ron Cameron-type nostalgic sports talk.

The hosts on 97.1 are more likely to talk about non-sports topics than hosts on other sports stations. Especially everyday topics, like who gets control of the remote in your household. Pat Caputo was talking today about the value of home-based learning.

I haven't listened to Mike Valenti for a few months, but I imagine he's as angry as ever, and probably commenting on the approach taken to the pandemic in both Michigan and his beloved home state of New York.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic