Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SHAME ON YOU, LOCAL 4

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Deleted User 15225

Re: SHAME ON YOU, LOCAL 4

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:39 pm

I don't think there is one governor out there who doesn't have some political calculus involved in their decisions. That's the nature of the beast. But for the most part I trust them to make decisions in the best interest of the public.

Of course you have exceptions like DeSantis. And you have people like Cuomo who is really doing a good job for his citizens but he's definitely injecting self-serving into it.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:37 am

First of all, I think Twitmer has higher aspirations than saving the people of Michigan, hence her desire to hurl as much attention-getting bullshit at us as she can. Has a day gone by lately when she hasn't been on CNN or BSNBC? Constant national exposure. Now, with that out of the way, I am surprised that in 6 pages of this thread, nobody has mentioned that many executive orders, including parts of the ones we are currently under, are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, i.e., the very kind of things that made us flee the monarchy to begin with.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:55 am

DAC wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:37 am
First of all, I think Twitmer has higher aspirations than saving the people of Michigan, hence her desire to hurl as much attention-getting bullshit at us as she can. Has a day gone by lately when she hasn't been on CNN or BSNBC? Constant national exposure. Now, with that out of the way, I am surprised that in 6 pages of this thread, nobody has mentioned that many executive orders, including parts of the ones we are currently under, are UNCONSTITUTIONAL, i.e., the very kind of things that made us flee the monarchy to begin with.
Not under a state of emergency and the courts have already backed that up and fleshed it out in past crises... you would lose if you sued.... like in the discovery phase if you even made it that far.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:08 am

DAC wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:37 am
Where did you get your law degree?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:53 am

Where did get yours Vic?

Did you get it by playing records at WSAM?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:23 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:05 am
selurzam wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:30 pm
I could give you a litany of schools that have MCB departments. You will indeed see that they're either named molecular cell biology or molecular & cell biology.

If you really care, my research involved gene expression during angiogenesis in tumors of certain lines of cancer cells.

That aside, nothing irritates me more than these "sovereign citizen" types who don't want the government telling them to do anything.

Just think...10 Wayne County families go to their cottages in some podunk County up in the UP....maybe 30 people. 1 of those 30 is an asymptomatic carrier. They go to the grocery store up there. They cough or they touch a package on the shelf after rubbing their eye. The next thing you know Joe Blow touches it and take it to the cashier. They both take it home to their families. You can extrapolate the rest.

The community hospital up there doesn't have the capacity.

If you want to just argue about down here in the tri County area...take playing golf...no matter how good your intentions are, it is just hard to stay away from people.

I don't even feel like arguing this anymore. Every epidemiological expert says that these orders work. In my opinion you really need the order until June 1. Then let offices have up to 50 percent of their workers in. Maintain low occupancy limits at retail stores and restaurants. No large gatherings (ie., sports and concerts). No kids at school. All this until a vaccine is available or antibody testing is ubiquitous enough to provide meaningful results.

Keep international travel locked down too.

No one knows to what degree immunity is conferred by antibody presence. No one knows if it's seasonal or to what degree it is seasonal.
You can KISS OFF!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 5120360002

On average, 2,500+ fewer people died in Michigan last month than March 2015-2019!

Facts, yo.

You’re spreading fear and panic.

I’m spreading peace and love.

I’m also heading up north, firing up the boat, and YOU CAN’T STOP ME!
Interesting!

That was exactly what I was looking for!

I suspect April won't be as good, but just back to near-normal levels.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:00 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:53 am
Where did get yours Vic?

I don't have one, asshole.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:02 am

Good to know - NOW can we all agree that everyone can have opinion with being attacked for having one? The merits of opinion can certainly be refuted, but not the right to have one.

A judge in Louisville just struck down an EO by the Mayor prohibiting drive-in-church. First Amendment was violated.

Oh and how about this - Connecticut Gov Revises Unconstitutional Coronavirus Executive Order After Backlash:
https://pjmedia.com/trending/connecticu ... -backlash/
Let's examine the claim by some that the U.S. Constitution doesn't apply in the case of a state declaring an emergency, or that they'd rather trade liberty, however temporarily, for the security of stopping a pandemic from spreading further. Certainly vexing questions, and an understandable perspective, given the fear over an uncontrollable force. However, the Constitution is clear and the rights in question have been upheld by the Supreme Court.

Not being a lawyer, I went to an attorney friend. He agrees that these state government bans on assembly and movement are unconstitutional. This is what he told me:

The 1st amendment has been “incorporated” by SCOTUS, meaning it DOES apply to the states. Getting some push back on “well this is state and local, not the federal govt.” Doesn’t matter. NO government entity has the authority to violate the 1st amendment. If you need to cite a case, cite Gitlow v. New York, 268 U.S. 652 (1925).

So, when governors issue such bans on large gatherings, they most certainly violate the freedom of assembly (not to mention the free exercise of religion) under the First Amendment.
Hey now, RATE THIS!!!

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am

PJ media? That's your source? It's an opinion site from the "center-right"

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:07 am

I know a few things about broadcast programming and performance. I think that qualifies me to have an opinion on those matters.

I know almost nothing about broadcast engineering, or any other form of engineering for that matter. My opinions on those matters would be ridiculously irrelevant.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:31 am

Selurzam, let me introduce you:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:35 am

Jesus christ...OK...go get a group of 1000 people together...make out with each other, cough on each other, jerk each other off. After that, don't you dare go to a doctor if you get sick. If you get sick, stay at home and die. Don't burden anyone with your idiocy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:40 am

I didn't write it, so don't blame the messenger. This part of the discussion was about government powers.

I am taking precautions including making N100 masks for others.

Deleted User 15225

Post by Deleted User 15225 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:43 am

Send me one of the n100 if you can. Pm me for info.

DAC

Post by DAC » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:37 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:00 am
audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:53 am
Where did get yours Vic?

I don't have one, asshole.
Obviously, asshole.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic