Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WDIV As Craft Store Enforcer - Hypocrisy

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
audiophile

WDIV As Craft Store Enforcer - Hypocrisy

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:58 pm

Hey WDIV - NO ONE REALLY CARES!!!

This is disturbing on so my levels (and not because someone bought a few silk flowers online)

1. No one cares if someone unknowingly buys a few flowers because the website was misconfigured.

2. The governor's order is NOT a LAW! No law is violated, only a E.O. A governor can't "make" law!

3. This is non-essential reporting, by sending a crew out to shoot up the sidewalk in front of Jo Ann's, aren't you pumping more gas, eating more takeout food, and being closer to people than you need to be (which also violates the intent of the governors order to prevent the spread of the virus which she just talked to you about?).

4. It's Pure hypocrisy!

5. The masses do not care to read Jo Ann's written response on your website.

6. Your goody-two-shoes attitude of "were going keep watching this situation" is dumb. Oh the horror!!! Silk flowers will KILL YOU!!!

7. Wasting the governors time asking this unimportant question offends me.

8. Government picking which line items are essential and non-essential is not helping society or this situation. How's Venezuela doing anyhow?

9. Your reporter is smug and giddy about "catching" an unsuspecting person walking out of the store. Remember this might have been loyal viewer that you just berated (and likely unaware of the Governor's E.O. prohibited this online purchase). Oh and did you forget your hypocrisy of being there and ordering?

10. This "drive by" investigative report is what others write what is wrong with media today.
Last edited by audiophile on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Re: WDIV As Craft Store Enforcer - Hypocrisy

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:04 pm

Hobby Lobby is closing all stores today. Menard's has stopped their nonesense. Sanity wins, criminals are mending their ways.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm

And what if Hobby Lobby had something I needed to make a life saving product? Solder or copper foil to make circuit trace?

Jo Ann's action is hardly criminal - you so far out in left field on that one.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:17 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm
And what if Hobby Lobby had something I needed to make a life saving product? Solder or copper foil to make circuit trace?

You're the clown in left field.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:29 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:11 pm

I have the law and enforcement on my side and we disagree with you.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Barney fife? Whatever. I'm making life saving N100 masks for family members with chemo treatments.

I make things out of almost nothing, that work.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:09 pm

When they are running around chasing silk flowers, you know they jumped the shark.

rushbuzz1013

Post by rushbuzz1013 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:41 pm

I am not surprised by any of this.
I have pretty much stopped watching Ch4, The-Everything-Must-Be-Feared-Station. Fear!, fear! fear!....so many of their stories convey anxiety and the element of living in fear! Are your children really safe? Why, yes they are, I don't let them watch Ch4. Click.

JackAttack FM

Post by JackAttack FM » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:58 pm
2. The governor's order is NOT a LAW! No law is violated, only a E.O. A governor can't "make" law!
This statement and really most of the original post are factuallly wrong.

The law was already made and Governor Whitmer's orders are law and there are statutes to enforce them.
Public Act 302 of 1945, called the “Emergency Powers of Governor,” authorizes the governor to declare a state of emergency and exercise certain powers for that period. Specifically, the act empowers the governor to control traffic, establish a curfew, regulate and prohibit the use and occupancy of buildings and public places, and control the sale and transportation of alcohol, dangerous liquids or explosives. These orders are only effective during the declared state of emergency, and anyone who violates them is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Supplimented by:
Public Act 390 of 1976, called the “Emergency Management Act,” is meant for “planning, mitigation, response, and recovery from natural and human-made disaster.” It charges the governor with “coping with dangers to this state or the people of this state presented by a disaster or emergency,” and with issuing orders that have the same effect as law during an emergency situation.

In both cases, the statute says the emergency may only last 28 days. After this, the governor may request an extension, but only for a specified period, and the extension is subject to legislative approval.
These were the statutes cited in the orders. Orders that were vetted by the Attorney General's office. Has anyone heard of any court challenges to the orders yet???  Nope.

I can't stand Paula Tutman, I didn't care for the production of the story.
However, the original post blatenly misconstrued and embellished the actual news story.

There was nothing about the store's website being, "misconfigured."

And why can't reporters in this country stand on public stidewalks and do their job in the United States???
What is also wrong with asking elected officials and our public servants for clarification of their orders???

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:34 pm

I seen that segment about Jo Ann's Fabric.

Paula Tubman and her WDIV producers, if you read Buzzboard, that was a LAME story.
First off, the store is NOT open. They are handing stuff thru the door. Just like McDonalds and pizza places, and all the high end restaurants that you fawn over when they do a cooking spot on your station. Why not critique them for being open?

JoAnn's (and Michaels and Hobby Lobby) sell craft items. Not only stuff to make mask, but more importantly stuff to do crafts to do with the kids. Maybe Tubman don't have kids, but everyone else does. And they are looking for stuff to do with the kids. They are doing nothing wrong. You were in the wrong for doing the story. Like everyone else in this thread has said, you really used your head for self-proctology doing this story.

A better question is "Why are reporters like you out on the street?" You're not essential. You increase the risk. Everything you tell us could be told from the news desk. You and your cohort street reporters are just as liable to spread the virus as anyone else. You're interacting with the public, possibly carrying or contracting this virus.. For your own safety, why are you not at home?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 pm

JackAttack FM wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm
audiophile wrote:

The law was already made and Governor Whitmer's orders are law and there are statutes to enforce them.
Public Act 302 of 1945, called the “Emergency Powers of Governor,” authorizes the governor to declare a state of emergency and exercise certain powers for that period. Specifically, the act empowers the governor to control traffic, establish a curfew, regulate and prohibit the use and occupancy of buildings and public places, and control the sale and transportation of alcohol, dangerous liquids or explosives. These orders are only effective during the declared state of emergency, and anyone who violates them is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Supplimented by:
Public Act 390 of 1976, called the “Emergency Management Act,” is meant for “planning, mitigation, response, and recovery from natural and human-made disaster.” It charges the governor with “coping with dangers to this state or the people of this state presented by a disaster or emergency,” and with issuing orders that have the same effect as law during an emergency situation.

In both cases, the statute says the emergency may only last 28 days. After this, the governor may request an extension, but only for a specified period, and the extension is subject to legislative approval.
These were the statutes cited in the orders. Orders that were vetted by the Attorney General's office. Has anyone heard of any court challenges to the orders yet???  Nope.

However, the original post blatenly misconstrued and embellished the actual news story.

And why can't reporters in this country stand on public stidewalks and do their job in the United States???
What is also wrong with asking elected officials and our public servants for clarification of their orders???
+1... I’m getting really sick of the uninformed blithering about how this is the end of your lives in the face of government run amok or whatever bullshit conservatism has been feeding some of you guys... thanks FM for this!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:54 am

Jack, Joann's admitted they are working to essentially geofence their online portal because it is a national website, click here: https://youtu.be/FgbPaCieOxU?t=215 My Point #2 is valid because Jo Ann admitted they are working to resolve it. Misconfigured is an accurate term because they admitted they are working on the website problem. Side note: think of the man hours wasted on a IT person deciding if an item is essential or not. It's a waste.

The all of the governors E.O. related to Covid-19 expire on April 10, without a legislative extension. A criminal law does not typically expire.

An Executive Order is NOT the same as a Law. WDIV misstated that. There is a big difference, even though both have POTENTIAL penalties. Violating an Executive Order you CAN NOT be charged with a felony. The high hurdle for violating an E.O. is the government MUST PROVE the violation was intentional and not a mistake or omission. Phat chance, of them prevailing, unless they catch you twice for the same thing. Fight all tickets, they will likely will be dismissed.

A law is legislative action involving three branchs of government, and an E.O. is not. WDIV states Jo Ann violated the law. Who made them judge and jury on essential VS non-essential? If you had an spectrum kid that needs flowers to calm down, who am I to call it "non-essential"? How the view from the cheap seats anyhow? Maybe one could drop those kids off at a Tutman's or Whitmer's house for couple hours for some nanny-state babysitting? LOL

I think the Whitmer E.O. is likely unconstitutional as it violates equal protection. She can not pick on certain things. In fact the statue only sites "Suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of alcoholic beverages, explosives, and combustibles." In other words, bomb making materials, not silk flowers. See Act 390 of 1976, 30.405(h) Clearly this law was intended for times of war or unrest which doesn't really apply to this virus. I find this to be an abuse of office.

I find ironic the Granholm signed a law that guns can NOT be controlled under executive orders. See Act 390 of 1976, 30.405(2)

Remember Whitmer signed an executive order and declared a state of emergency for typical Michigan cold weather (-15F). I kid you not: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309 ... --,00.html

I have been in contact with residents of other states without draconian E.O. and there isn't much difference, except not being harassed by police. Whitmer has turned the state into a police state unnecessarily. She would be better suited as the governor of Cuba, or maybe New Jersey, LOL.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 am

"I've been curious about the marijuana shops. Why are they considered essential?"

"Well, they're allowing liquor sales, aren't they?"

"But those stores also sell food."

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:32 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:54 am
Jack, Joann's admitted they are working to essentially geofence their online portal because it is a national website, click here: https://youtu.be/FgbPaCieOxU?t=215 My Point #2 is valid because Jo Ann admitted they are working to resolve it. Misconfigured is an accurate term because they admitted they are working on the website problem. Side note: think of the man hours wasted on a IT person deciding if an item is essential or not. It's a waste.

The all of the governors E.O. related to Covid-19 expire on April 10, without a legislative extension. A criminal law does not typically expire.

An Executive Order is NOT the same as a Law. WDIV misstated that. There is a big difference, even though both have POTENTIAL penalties. Violating an Executive Order you CAN NOT be charged with a felony. The high hurdle for violating an E.O. is the government MUST PROVE the violation was intentional and not a mistake or omission. Phat chance, of them prevailing, unless they catch you twice for the same thing. Fight all tickets, they will likely will be dismissed.

A law is legislative action involving three branchs of government, and an E.O. is not. WDIV states Jo Ann violated the law. Who made them judge and jury on essential VS non-essential? If you had an spectrum kid that needs flowers to calm down, who am I to call it "non-essential"? How the view from the cheap seats anyhow? Maybe one could drop those kids off at a Tutman's or Whitmer's house for couple hours for some nanny-state babysitting? LOL

I think the Whitmer E.O. is likely unconstitutional as it violates equal protection. She can not pick on certain things. In fact the statue only sites "Suspend or limit the sale, dispensing, or transportation of alcoholic beverages, explosives, and combustibles." In other words, bomb making materials, not silk flowers. See Act 390 of 1976, 30.405(h) Clearly this law was intended for times of war or unrest which doesn't really apply to this virus. I find this to be an abuse of office.

I find ironic the Granholm signed a law that guns can NOT be controlled under executive orders. See Act 390 of 1976, 30.405(2)

Remember Whitmer signed an executive order and declared a state of emergency for typical Michigan cold weather (-15F). I kid you not: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309 ... --,00.html

I have been in contact with residents of other states without draconian E.O. and there isn't much difference, except not being harassed by police. Whitmer has turned the state into a police state unnecessarily. She would be better suited as the governor of Cuba, or maybe New Jersey, LOL.
Do I feel like tearing this to shreds? Maybe later.

Deleted User 7769

Post by Deleted User 7769 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:44 am

Rate This wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:14 pm
JackAttack FM wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 pm
audiophile wrote:

Supplimented by:

+1... I’m getting really sick of the uninformed blithering about how this is the end of your lives in the face of government run amok or whatever bullshit conservatism has been feeding some of you guys... thanks FM for this!
“Uninformed.” Please. Many would say that you’re uninformed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic