Acceptable registrations in the queue through November 21 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
radioandtventhusiast
Posts: 229
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:36 pm

One of the other layoffs is longtime WYCD personality Chuck Edwards. Gone after 20 years at the station. WYCD midday host "Cadillac Jack" is also out, plus a creative services director as well. A personality in Cleveland who used to be part of Mojo in the Morning is another casualty.



Gertner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Gertner » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:41 pm

Fithian is friggen horrendous and probably the worst in the station. Addition by subtraction



Deleted User 24

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:18 am

Lance Howard lost his gig Friday after 30 years reporting traffic on WWJ.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4544
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:38 am

Never was a fan of Dennis Fithian. Once in a great while he'd deliver a great show. Most of the time his content & analysis were both very bland and not well formed.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

wtfdetroit
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Who was that guy that did the overnight shift on 97.1? He was African American. I forgot his name, is he still around? What about Dan Leach?



Mega Hertz
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 pm

wtfdetroit wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 pm
Who was that guy that did the overnight shift on 97.1? He was African American. I forgot his name, is he still around? What about Dan Leach?
Brian Chapman?


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Gertner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Gertner » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:15 pm

Wait, nevermind Brian Chapman is worse.

Fithian's shtick of calling people trolls for calling out his ridiculous takes got tiresome fast.



Gertner
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:27 am

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Gertner » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:20 pm

Eric Thomas was pretty brutal as well



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 5828
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:54 pm

What ever happened to banana boy?


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

wtfdetroit
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:14 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 pm
wtfdetroit wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 pm
Who was that guy that did the overnight shift on 97.1? He was African American. I forgot his name, is he still around? What about Dan Leach?
Brian Chapman?
Yes! Are these people even around anymore? Oh man, Eric Thomas is another name from the past that was very whiny.

I remember listening back in the day to Kevin Wall. That was bad radio. Or Marc Spindler on the morning drive.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Mega Hertz » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:48 pm

wtfdetroit wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:14 pm
Mega Hertz wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:19 pm
wtfdetroit wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:13 pm
Who was that guy that did the overnight shift on 97.1? He was African American. I forgot his name, is he still around? What about Dan Leach?
Brian Chapman?
Yes! Are these people even around anymore? Oh man, Eric Thomas is another name from the past that was very whiny.

I remember listening back in the day to Kevin Wall. That was bad radio. Or Marc Spindler on the morning drive.
I've heard Chapman and Leach on as recent as three weeks ago (I think. The days are running together now). Between the Tiger replays, the classic game replays and the national talkers, it's a lost cause.

Sure beats Spindler, though. Dark, DARK days.

Eric Thomas, while having some talent, was another one of those guys that thought he was going to be the next Howard. Came and went. What bullshit did he wind up doing though, got him fired?


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

wtfdetroit
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by wtfdetroit » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:10 pm

It looks like Eric Thomas is becoming a lawyer now

http://legalnews.com/detroit/1474793/



Chrocket87
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:46 pm

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Chrocket87 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:07 pm

And it appears Entercom is looking for volunteers to take 10-20 percent pay cuts to avoid more layoffs:

https://detroitsportsnation.com/report- ... 20/223448/



tivoking
Posts: 46
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:50 am

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by tivoking » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 am

Gertner wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Eric Thomas was pretty brutal as well
Eric Thomas has been gone 10 years.



Mega Hertz
Posts: 1182
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Covid 19 Media Layoffs Begin - Entercom

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:59 pm

tivoking wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:57 am
Gertner wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Eric Thomas was pretty brutal as well
Eric Thomas has been gone 10 years.
Christ, Almighty! Has it been THAT long?

I remember Moss tearing his ass up about something he did while at Banana. I wish I could remember what it was. Man, 10 years? Time fuckin' flies.


"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic