Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBS 62 Gov. Whitmer COVID-19 Special Report

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MisterT

CBS 62 Gov. Whitmer COVID-19 Special Report

Post by MisterT » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:25 am

I hope everyone is doing okay.

Wanted to share an interesting development today as far as local new coverage of this crisis is concerned.

CBS 62 carried the Governor's daily COVID-19 briefing today. This is the first time I have seem them do this, but they may have been doing it sooner. The quality seems to be that of an iphone, not ideal, they attempted to access a live stream during the briefing which was shown on air. A browser was opened to try to enlarge the size of the video, but they ended up going back to the iphone video. Hopefully they can provide a better video next time if they do this again.

It was very interesting to see the CBS62 bug with the "Special Report" lower third after such a long absence in local news coverage.

I'm going to assume this action was taken because of the extraordinary public health emergency, and that this is not an indication that CBS62 will be launching local news anytime soon. The effort is appreciated, and wish I one day they could come back to a full fledged news production.

Stay well!

Last edited by MisterT on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

audiophile

Re: CBS 62 Gov. Whitmer COVID-19 Special Report

Post by audiophile » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:30 am

It looked like they were all rebroadcasting each other. 62>7>4>2

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic